Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Plans are Set & a New Blog Design

First of all thank you all so much for the kind words and support. My plans are set I will be flying out of New York City on January 12, 2009 for the meeting. I will only be spending just one night in Michigan but that does not mean that I will not pack it full of fun and games while I am there. I would love to know what are some interesting things to see while I am there so I am taking suggestions.

I already feel better knowing that I will be physically at the meeting. I hope that I will get all the answers that I need and want even if they are not the ones that my heart desires.

I feel so luck to have so many different people who are looking out for me and are willing to hear me when I rant and rave about the process. Poor Adrienne was kind enough to take time away from her family time yesterday to talk with me and cheer me up. She sure can make me laugh.

Second is my new blog design. I LOVE it. I am not nearly as computer literate as the rest of you who can do it alone. I enlisted the help of wonderful blog designer Danielle who has redone a number of different blogs that I read. I have needed and wanted a blog design for a number of months and now I have one that I think fits me very well.

Funny how things happen at just the right time. Yesterday when I was so up set I signed onto my blog and WHAM here was the new header. I just love the little elements of this design package. Danielle has made redesigning my blog a breeze.
She is such a creative person. Anyone who has had the misfortune to meet me in person knows that I am a bit nutty that is why I thought the acorns were so me.

Lots of changes some good some hard but I know that I will make it through this process by following the path that was meant for me.

16 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Yeah you! I'm so happy to read this post. . .I'm so glad you are going and know that I will be with you in prayer the entire time, as I am sure so many others will as well! My prayer will be that you get answers that you need. LOVE the design, too!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

P. S. The Bethany main office is in Grand Rapids. . .

Amy said...

What part of Michigan are you headed to? If I remember correctly the agency you are with has offices in Jenison and Farmington Hills...

Rich and Jolynn said...

I am so glad you will be at the meeting. It would be so fantastic to meet you in person. We love nutty folks.

Your new design is gorgeous, love the lighthouse and background.

Melissa said...

Good luck with your trip. If you do decide to change agencies, let me know. Ours has been really great. The main office is near Boston but they also have a CT office in W. Hartford. Anyway, thank you for your comments. I hope your good feeling is right. We'll see. Right now I am waiting on the update that was supposed to come this week.
Melissa

Carey and Norman said...

Wishing you peace as you go to Michigan to talk to your agency. Just remember that God is with you and will lead you in HIS direction. Some dodrs close while others open. Whatever happens...don't lose heart! YOUR child is waiting for you and it may take a hiccup or two to get you in the right place at the right time.

Hopefully, I'm preparing you for the worse...when in fact they have a referral waiting for you :o)

Thinking of you and praying for peace and strength in the New Year!

Anonymous said...

i am glad that you are going to the meeting. nothing is worse than being frustrated with your agency but yet are handcuffed to them for financial reasons. one thing i have learned in this process is that each agency has its own set of problems. i think everyone's journey is just different. i am wishing you all the best. i can truly say that once you get your child all the waiting seems like a blink of an eye. hard to believe now...huh! (HUGS)

Amy said...

Good luck with your meeting. I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers that things go well.

I love the new look!!!

Rob said...

The new blog design looks awesome! Enjoy your time away!

MBKimmy said...

I love the new blog design ... I was going to comment on it last post, was not sure if it was there or not when you first posted it ... I am behind on reading trying to get better! Okay now I am rambelling ... love it!

family of 5 said...

Joy,
If you are going to the Farmington Hills office then you are not too far from Dearborn where they have Greenfield Village. It's a great museum of the Motor City and one idea for you to check out. Good luck at the meeting!
Cindy

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
I love the new blog design! Good luck with everything at the meeting! I pray for good news for you really soon. Take care and have a fun trip...Teresa

Nicole Brueck said...

Joy-
I am glad you are going. I think it will give you great peace of mind to be there in person.

And...I love the new blog design!!

Deb said...

Just read Monday's post and this one. So glad that you're going to the meeting. I hope they're able to reassure you that you will reach your goal.

Love the new look.

PattiL said...

OMG! lOVE THE NEW BLOG! May 2009 bring your family complete! And that you will be sitting on this computer and be recapping on what a ride its been!

Blogs by Danielle said...

So glad you love the new look. I loved working with you :)

Thanks for mentioning me on your blog!

Enjoy the new look!!

Danielle