Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Can I Borrow A Christmas Tree?



This year has been a little odd for me. Usually not only are my Christmas cards sent out first but my Christmas tree is decorated for Thanksgiving. This year was a bit different. Santa has not wrapped a thing! I have my tree up but not one decoration on it and honestly I am not planning on puttiing any decorations on it. Maybe I will find some lights.

This is less of a tragidy then one would think because we are never home for any part of Christmas eve or Christmas day. I have already warned everyone that next year don't even ask because we are not going anywhere.

Yesterday I spent the evening baking cookies with Gerard's Aunt Nel so I am borowing a picture of her tree for the blog. Now I am off to help Santa wrap gifts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole Brueck said...

I am sure glad to hear it isn't just me that Christmas snuck up on this year! I love the borrowed tree too!

Sending you thoughts for a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2009!

Carey and Norman said...

You can borrow ours!!

Merry Christmas!!

MBKimmy said...

I also have 3 trees up only 2 have decorations and they have them ONLY because they went up to the attic with the decorations on them! hahaha the 3rd has lights only but only because that is how it too went up! hahah

Merry Christmas!

Rich and Jolynn said...

Busy time for all, because of the snow it is taken twice as much time to get anywhere. Over a 12" here. We are like you and have to go visiting but I am ready. The car is loaded.

Joy we wish you and Gerard a very Merry Christmas! I know that you are right when you say next year will be so different:)

Colette said...

Happy Christmas Joy! I hope you have a wonderful day, and pray that this time next year you will be celebrating the holidays with your little one :)

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

I got my cards all ready to send(with out stamps), but when I got to the post office it was closed. So they sat in my car and are being hand delivered. Christmas came so fast this year, your not the only one it creeped up on!