Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It Has Been Done--I've Been Tagged!

I feel luck that anyone reads this blog. Let alone that they want to know more about me and my quirks. So here it is everyone.


Here it is 6 random facts about me!


  • I love to travel. I could be convinced to travel pretty much anywhere at any time. Last week when I was on vacation I had been thinking about where I wanted to go. I was about 2 clicks away from booking a trip to Ireland. I thought about 5 minute too long and decided against the last minute deal. I have traveled to 13 countries in Europe and 10 different states in the US. I amazed myself once when I was in school and I realized that I had traveled to every city that the other students lived in.

  • My favorite breakfast sandwich: fried egg, cheese, pork roll and grape jelly on a French toast bagel. I have been known to try strange combinations of food. I do laugh when others say that they would not even try some thing once. My 5 year old nephew is very funny because my sister and BIL will let him try anything once. He is also an adventurous eater.

  • I look at my calendar about 400 times per day. I do not have a fancy calendar actually it is one that is sent to me because I send money to the United Spinal Cord Injury association. If you were to open my calendar there is a pattern of number in it that makes sense to no one but me. The placement of the numbers is in a pattern so I know what they mean. My friends laugh at me at work because the day usually starts with a cold diet Pepsi and the calendar comes out even though my job does not require for me to use it.

  • In my opinion I have a mathematical mind. The things that I love the most usually include some sort of math. That is why I was not surprised that I love to quilt because there is quite a bit of math involved.

  • My sister signed me up to be a nurse. I was not sure what I wanted to do after high school. I was not even sure that I wanted to go to college. In high school I was a B-C student but in college it all kicked in and I became an A student with the occasional B. Honestly now I am not sure what I would do if I were not a nurse. I do not know if I was born a nurse or just became a nurse.

    • I bought my first house when I was 20. When I was a child we moved around a lot. When I was 6 weeks old my family moved to Florida and we lived there until I was in the 4th grade. I have always wanted to move to the south as an adult. I even interviewed for a job in Atlanta, Georgia about 12 years ago. I often think I may have made a mistake by not taking the job. For now I would not consider moving now because it would kill me to be that far from my Mother.

      If I tag you, here are the rules!!!
      1. Link to the person that tagged you.
      2. Post the rules on the blog.
      3. Write six random facts about yourself.
      4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
      5. Let each person know they have been tagged.
      6. Let the taggers know when your entry is up.

      Here you go
      1. Patti
      2. Jane
      3. Kar
      4. Teresa
      5. Carrie
      6. Nancy

      4 comments:

      PattiL said...

      OK, I got the tag, I hope I can do the link list!

      Carey and Norman said...

      My mother and I went to Ireland in 2002. We had a fabulous time and would highly recommend it. We did a Celtic Tour trip.

      Glad you are doing well and staying busy. Any idea on your timeline?

      Kevin T. said...

      Hi Joy - Thanks for the tag! It will take me a little while to figure out some interesting things about me. I like Atlanta, too. My sister lived there about 7 years and I went often to visit.
      Take care...Teresa

      Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

      I'd love to have you in the South! Nashville is a great city to live in. The traffic in Atlanta prevents us from moving there!

      Didn't realize you'd been to so many different places and liked such crazy food combinations. I wonder if your child will be one who will try anything. Owen was very aversive to certain textures for a long time, but he loves to try new foods now :)

      I'd love to go to Ireland too!