Tuesday, September 23, 2008

When Was Someone Going To Tell Me I'm Short?

Being a nurse my work attire is pretty straight forward and simple. Three times a week I dress up in scrubs that for the most part are very comfortable. My scrubs have been pretty much indestructable until recently.

I have at least 2 quirks that I am willing to admit about my scrubs first I like them all to be able to mix and match so there is no thought that must go into my outfit for that day. I think of my scrubs as similar to garanimals where you match the 2 tags and this way you never can go wrong. Okay I think I am dating myself.

The second thing is I really only like to wear white. My friends call me the vanila nurse because if I do decide to make a decision my first choice always is the white scrubs.

Now some of my scrubs are very old so I thought oh what the heck every 15 years I am going to update my uniforms. I know everyone who enjoys fashion out there is cringing at the thought that my uniforms are so old. But they still work and now they are really comfortable.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered some one pants. I told everyone at work and honestly I do not think that they believe me. So the package came and I was very excited to see my new pants all white excep one pair. I broke down and got one pair is tourquise. I opened the package pulled them one to find out that they are about 12 inches too long.

So here is my question when did I get so short? And how come no one has told me how short I am?

I guess the blogging makes me look taller.

5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

LOL! You are too funny! It is SO hard to find pants for those of us that are vertically challenged. :-) Besides - blogging DOES make you taller! :-)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

What's wrong with short?? I've been 5'1" since I was 13. . .It's taken me this long to find out, though, that the only pants that fit me correctly are from LLBean. I think you look great! But, I gotta tell you that ove the past few years I have noticed that my size gets smaller. I think they are changing things on us in order to confuse and confound us!! : )

Troy and Rachel said...

That's pretty funny!! You can be as tall as you like in blogger land!! I guess a good hemmer is in order!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

You are too funny! How short are you?? :) I'm not that short, and my scrubs were always too long too. I guess they are made for tall people!

Turquoise?! You are stepping out of your white comfort zone, aren't you? What will people think?! *Gasp*

PS I thought you were tall from your blog photos!

Bethany said...

Hi! Congrats on your impending adoption! You are MORE THAN welcome to continue to follow our journey! :) Today is our last day in Russia and man this is SO hard. :(