Monday, September 29, 2008

What if the baby is a Boy?

I have gotten some grief from some of my friends at work who think I am kidding about putting my baby into a gown for the christening even if the baby is a boy. I have always dreamed of sewing the gown myself and I am sure that I will. I think that this is something that I feel very strongly about because I was not baptized until I was an adult so I do not have the keepsakes from these this special day.

Well Check this out I have found the perfect outfit. It is a short set for a boy that also has a skirt that buttons onto the outfit. So HA I told you all I would find one!! I knew this could be done. I just have a good feeling that I will find the right pattern for this special outfit.

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Good for you! Do what you want to do for the christening. I did! And I loved what Aidan wore!

findingourdaughter said...

Boys wear christening gowns all the time! With our referral...I'll be finally dressing a girl in a christening gown. My mother made a gorgeous baptism outfit that both of my boys wore for theirs....it is very special since she made it and will be a family heirloom from here on.
If you want your baby to have a christening gown, then GO FOR IT!!!
Hugs!
Angie
P.S. I tagged you on my blog, if you didn't see it yet.

Deb said...

Very cute. I've seen lots of boys in dressing for that special day. He will look darling.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

HA! I've seen baby boys wear christening gowns! They're babies!! Do what you want. That is a precious outfit you found! I love Petit Ami :)