Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spent the Day Sewing

I make a lot of things for friends and family members who have had babies and Halloween tends to be a very busy time around my house because of last minute costumes that need to be made. Today I spent most of the day sewing. I am working on a baby blanket for a friend who is going to have a baby soon. So my house is completely pulled apart with sewing stuff every where.

Yesterday Jaime my oldest niece called because she needed some help with a costume because she has never made anything from a pattern. She was so funny because she had gone to the store and got everything that she needed and then started to read the pattern directions. It was then that she started to get a bit nervous and called my Mother who in turn told her not to cut anything until she was able to either see the pattern or until she could talk to me. Jaime wants to be a fairy for Halloween. Jaime is a young soul because she loves things like this dressing up. This has never changed from when she was a little kid.

Hopefully I will be able to help her finish this week and now her husband has been convinced to dress up too. So one costume almost done and one to go. I hope I get time to finish my baby blanket too.

5 comments:

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, That is so nice that you are making costumes for your niece and her husband. Hope you had a great time! Oh, I think you mentioned you are a Phillies fan - congrats on being in the playoffs! We are huge Mets Fan and today is our big day. Our dog's name is Shea after Shea Stadium! Take care...Teresa

Troy and Rachel said...

What a nice way to spend the day. I can't sew, but I do like to cross stitch. It's time consuming but spending a day (or even a few hours) doing something you enjoy is always nice! I'm sure the costumes are greatly appreciated.

PattiL said...

ugh! I have a stack of things that need to be sewed up. But since its in the nursery, I dont really like going in there much! I really need to!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I didn't know you sew! My mom used to sew for us when we were little, and Jim's mom is very good at smocking, but I have never learned. It is so sweet of you to help with your niece's costume! Will we get to see it when you're finished? :)

findingourdaughter said...

Joy,
TAG.....you are it! I tagged you on my blog....you can go there and get the directions.....I'll come back later and comment on this post...I'm in a rush right now!
Hugs,
Angie