Monday, September 1, 2008

How did I Miss This??

I knew this day was coming up but I can not believe that I missed it. My blog is over a year old. Honestly, I never thought that I would still be writing on this blog. I worried about putting it all out there for others to read. I have many friends who thought that I was a little crazy and did not understand what this was all about. The interesting thing is that I believe that most of the people who read this blog have never met me in person.

Most of my family members do not read this blog. Which I feel is unfortunate for them. They are really missing out on the fun and excitement of the adoption process. Unlike on this blog in person I tend not to speak openly about my spirituality and concerns about becoming a Mother. In person I am a bit bossy that is what everyone will tell you and honestly I admit it I am bossy.

I consider myself lucky that I found Melissa and Nathan's blog when I did. I really toiled over starting a blog. I have been very fortunate to be able to connect with others who are at similar spots in their lives. I have seen many blogger friends start the process, receive their referrals and complete their families. I am amazed every time I read about another family.

So the point of this point is it is now September---Where is my referral?? Okay I am really only kidding.

10 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I sure hope your referral comes this month! I'm glad you started your blog too. From what I've read, you'll be a wonderful, fun-loving mom!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

This should be an exciting month for you! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
After reading what you just wrote, I really miss blogging! - Oh well, maybe I will start another one.
I can't wait to hear great news for you and Gerard.
Take care...Teresa

findingourdaughter said...

My family also does not read my blog....they might actually figure out who I really am if they did, LOL! I also don't really share our process with many people IRL, so the blog and online adoption friends is where I can share it all and know that everyone understands!
Hoping your referral is on its way!
Hugs and God Bless!

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

Hang in there...I know that feeling of waiting and waiting for that referral! But the moment when it comes makes it all worthwhile!! Then you get to wait and wait for the court date...which is where we are now! But when it all happens, it will be so worth it!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Glad you're still blogging and hopefully soon you'll be blogging from Russia. I hope September brings your referral.

PattiL said...

Well I just keep thinking the referral will be here anyday, and how I dont know what I'll do. SO I have become a List Addict. Making lists on fly, travel, packing, baby stuff (which there is nothing there until I know the age of the child) I did start looking for sales on travel stuff to bring over, like the travel kit of johnson and johnson shampoo, lotion, powder and diaper rash ointment. FOr under$3. Plus I got meds for fever or pain, and I think gas meds too. Next i'll look for travel kit with bandaids. For me, not child im a klutz!

Melissa said...

Happy Blog Birthday! :) I keep missing blog anniversaries, too. And I'm glad you found us, too, and that my blog inspired you to create your own. There's nothing like being able to go back & see where you were "this day in history." It's also amazing how much you forget unless you write it down. Here's to hoping for that September referral!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I really enjoy your blog...you make me laugh :D so thank you!

A year. That means that your time is almost hear...your almost done cooking so to speak. Think of it that way.... I just know it is going to be soon. Hang in there Joy!

Keep the posts coming!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I'm so glad you are still blogging. I actually have enjoyed my blog even more on this side of the adoption process and bet you will too. Oh I can't wait to hear you have your referral!

Oh and my family didn't read my blog either until we went to Russia! I have made so many friends blogging, and we have such a great support network of adoptive parents nearly all found through blogging.

So excited for you. Your little baby is going to be one lucky little one to have you as Mommy. It has to be soon! :)