Sunday, September 21, 2008

Summer is Coming to an End


Taken earlier this week because I am looking for a good picture for my blog makeover

Sadly the summer is coming to an end. I promised myself this year that I would take advantage of the fact that I live so close to the shore and enjoy the beach more. The verdict is in and I have enjoyed the summer months. This past week I even got to eat one of my favorite meals blue claw crabs. Yummy!!

My car is full of sand and I love it. I even got a new beach cart that makes dragging stuff down to the beach a breeze. This morning I was so upset because of many things mostly adoption related and Gerard who is not really known for his sensitivity even realized I was at the end of my leash.

So in an attempt to capture the last bit of summer we took a boat ride. The weather was beautiful and I took my camera. Gerard is trying his best to become a great photographer, I think mostly so that he does not have to be in any pictures. I hope to put some beachy pictures up in the room. I think I may have to try at least one more time to get the picture that I want.



This is a picture of the cannery that is located on an island in the bay that Gerard has fished all his life. Gerard has used this building as a landmark to find his way in from the ocean in a time before GPS. All fishing grounds are located according to where they are located according to the cannery. So as you can tell this is a pretty important building for him. I am sure that this building will soon be a memory of another time.

Thank you all for your sweet comments.

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm so glad you were able to enjoy another beachy day! It's hard to believe summertime is coming to an end.

findingourdaughter said...

Great picture of you! I never get good pics of myself.
BTW, have you ever considered an au pair? Cost wise, it ends up cheaper than full time day care over a year, but the person lives in your home too. It would cover your needs overnight and a few hours in the day for you to sleep as well.
We have never done this (I'm a SAHM), but we know people who did and after 1 not so great beginning, they got a new one and it turned out wonderfully! We have considered doing it over the summer......and now that we will have 3 kids next summer (our adoption should be done by then, God willing) and with the significant age gap of my kids....I think it would help me a great deal over the summer.
Just a thought, another option you might consider.
I know what you mean about the "getting down".....I am so there....the waiting.....waiting....waiting...not knowing......it is HARD!
God Bless and hugs!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
Your post brought a tear to my eye because I have recently been so upset too over our adoption. The up's and down's are just so difficult and I pray that from now on it is only positive news for you guys. I am so glad Gerard is there for you and you had such a nice time on the water. That is such a great picture!

Deb said...

I love the picture of the cannery. I think that would be great in the nursery.

Christen L said...

That's a beautiful picture! :)