Friday, September 5, 2008

Did I Eat Dog Food??

Now everyone knows about Dottie and her dog food issues. Here is the recap for those who do not know. Dottie is on a low protein diet so she eats only pasta and cottage cheese. Because of this diet I am the one who has to make pasta for her every couple of days. I had invited over my family for dinner which is pretty normal. I had decided we were going to have burgers, roasted tomatoes and some store bought pasta salad. Did anyone notice I feed my family store bought pasta salad and freshly cooked to Dottie. So Dottie's pasta was finished cooking and I poured it into the strainer to drain and cool.

My niece was helping me to put out all the food and she picked a piece of pasta out of the strainer and popped it into her mouth. I did not think any thing about it honestly. About 10 minutes later we are sitting at the table and I pass the store bought pasta salad to her and that is when she realized the pasta she ate was for Dottie. So the question was:

Jaime: "Aunt Joy did I eat the dog's pasta?"
Me: "Yup"
Jaime: "Why did you let me eat dog food?"

Okay I did not think of it as dog food because it was clean in my mind but after I started to think about it the situation just got funnier.

Yup you ate dog food!

She is such a funnier girl!

2 comments:

CYNDI ~ DELANEY'S MOM said...

Very funny!! Your now baby sure has a big surprise for the future one! It sounds liek what ym dad does for his dog. Wonder if I had dog food there? he he!

cyn and delaney

Carey and Norman said...

Great story...what a hoot!