Thursday, May 6, 2010

A hot mess I tell you

Thursday is what I lovingly refer to as the in between day. This is the 12 hour span on time when I am off between my 2 shifts. Jillian usually watches Anna in the morning a bit then Gerard takes her out to the park and for a ride to get french fries. All of this is done so that I can sleep. Bless their hearts because even though I must sleep they know if Anna is in the house I will not sleep but instead just want to be with her.

This morning Anna, Jillian also known as La-La, Hans, and Jaime also known as Me-Me went for a walk before I even got home. Gerard had arrangements to pick her up from them so I was banished to bed. Mostly I think because I am in a cycle of not sleeping. I have only been sleeping in 2 hour spans here and there. Gerard would never say it to me but I have been a little cranky lately.I hope this weekend I am able to catch up on some sleep.

Which brings me to the switch off between La-La and Gerard. Anna usually points and says DaDa for any dark haired man in a truck which in the area where there are many men who fit that description more on that later. So Anna noticed Gerard on their walk and the switch occurred. This all sounds a little covert doesn't it.

At 4:30 pm I was done I wanted my baby home and called to tell him so. It took some time to wrangle her away from the rooster that she had found at the park where they were playing no not a concrete one but a live rooster. Off to home they drove. Now I needed someone there taking my picture as I was waiting by the window for her to come home. I walked out as they pulled up and a tired little Anna just reached up for me and said baba.

As I was feeding her and holding her Gerard gave me the run down on the day. She was exhausted but even funnier was she was a hot mess. There was something sticky in her hair and when I kissed her forehead I could tell that at some point she had been a little sweaty. I guessed it was from chasing the rooster but nope I was wrong.

Are you ready? Gerard took her to the junk yard! Oh she had fun and I stayed with her the whole time I was told. They were running a muck looking for roof racks for my car and a grill for his. I was assured that she had quite a bit of fun. I can just picture it in my head.

During my wait I had been told I was going to get a boy. We talked about all the things that he would do with a boy then surprise...It's a girl! I will say it took Gerard a bit of time to get adjusted to the idea but know it feels so natural to have a girl and I would not change a thing. I laugh because Gerard tells me Anna is like having both, she will play with a worm then rock her baby to sleep.

Yes she got a nice long bath face, hands, feet and hair all washed.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Joy,
First I want to say HI! to you and Anna. Its been a while since I commented, but just so you know Nova and I read your blog all the time. You do such a good job!
I laughed so hard today as I read about Gerald & Annas outing it sounds like something my hubby would do with Nova. I call her Daddys "Mud Dobber" but thankfully she is Mommys "Girlie Girl" also. She loves the Dirt and the thought of being in the woods with Daddy but she also loves fancy dresses and having her nails and hair done.
I have to say to you "Bravo" Anna looks so happy and healthy, You guys must be doing a great job!
I would also like to ask how your Mom is doing? Please let her know we continue to pray for her.
I may not comment very often but please know we are out here reading. Keep it coming and of course Novas favorite part are the pictures!