Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Packing & Remembering

Yesterday I got lucky again and took my third call off from work extending my vacation by another week. So I took advantage of Anna having dinner with her Uncle Wayne,Jaime Lynn & Jillian (Hans' Pop Pop) to get a few last minute things done. I was able to run in and out of stores in record time. For a minute it felt like when I was packing to pick up Anna, minus the fear.

One thing that is different is I know I can get just about anything because we are staying in the U.S. When I traveled to Russia I had a fear that I would not be able to get what I needed for her combine that with the inability to communicate effectively due to the language barrier I was nervous. In one respect I was lucky because we were only in Moscow for 2 days before we came home. I could not imagine staying longer.

Taking Anna back on to a plane will remind me of the long day I spent getting ready to leave and getting her settled on the plane just to have the man behind her wake her up for the duration of the flight. Gerard is very amusing on planes because he is very sensitive to noise and will be coming straight from work to the airport so traveling with him is pretty funny.

Gerard is only staying a couple of days so he will return on Sunday and we will not return until the following Saturday. Just like he did nine months ago Gerard will pick us up at the airport. This will be the first time he has been separated from us since she came home. I know she will miss him. I think it will be interesting to see the difference in her when she sees him. This time I will take pictures last time Gerard requested no pictures because he did not want her to be scared but I will remember his face forever. I do think when he picks us up this time I will be stuck with the bags.

No comments: