Friday, May 21, 2010

What a beach

Anna's first real day at the beach was great. From the time she woke up all we heard was "Beach, Beach, Beach!" To make sure that we knew what she was talking about she pointed to the beach in pictures, pamphlets and even off our balcony. We loaded the beach cart and off we went. I have to get a picture of her on the beach cart because she even found a place for her to ride to the beach.

The minute her feet hit the sand the shoes came off and with determination that only Anna has she was headed for the water. Children and water can be fun but there is also a level of danger with the water that I never like to think about. I feel lucky because La-La and Jimmy both also understand so she was covered by four adults when near the water. Jimmy and Anna headed straight for the water and I set up the umbrella.

I am fortunate because I have traveled to many different countries with all different types of beaches. In the south of France when I was visiting the city of Nice I was surprised by the beach because it was all rocks. I think I still have one or two of those rocks at home. Up until today one of my favorite beaches is Myrtle Beach, I hate to say it but I may have a new favorite beach.

The sand here in Ft Myers Beach is like walking on baby powder. The water is warm and not rough at all. Believe it or not I think going to the beach here is much easier then using the pool. The resort where we are staying has two pools today we used the one that was more secluded. The water was the perfect temperature and the pool was had plenty of shade.

Gerard and I have already started to talk about Anna's birthday party. I know it is still months away but quite honestly I am planner. Earlier this week I had decided on a backyard party with a pony but today I am thinking a return trip to here would be better. I leave you all with some pictures. Please note that Anna looks like she is swimming alone but in fact Gerard, Jimmy or La-La actually did have a hold of her foot in the pictures. I just cropped that part out.






By the way nope that is not Gerard but Jimmy. Sorry guys I know he is warming up to the idea. Yes this is Anna's new pose for the camera, Thanks La-La. Also if you say a quick prayer for Jaime and Greg this will be there first long trip in the car with Hans and you all know what that feels like with a 1 year old.

4 comments:

Lance and Summer Sims said...

Looks like your family is having a great time! I am an elementary school teacher in Texas and I can't wait for summer vacation to begin so we can make our annual trip to Destin, FL. I think Ft. Myers is close to Destin. Are you seeing any affects from the oil rig explosion?

Rich and Jolynn said...

Happy day! Lot's of smiles! Looks like y'all are having a good time!!!

Ms. Elaine said...

Oh I am so glad you are having such a good time a good weather! Have a great rest of your trip and be safe.

Laura said...

Love all the pics...and if you check out our blog, you'll notice our girls are wearing the same bathing suit! Yes, we have great taste. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your trip...I wish we were back in FL!

~Laura