Thursday, May 20, 2010

We are Here!

Yesterday I spent the better part of the day finishing the packing and rechecking the bags. Gone are the days when I could pack one small bag and some quilting for the plane. Although Gerard will say I never packed one small bag for any where. Now I sit back and say "Should I pack the elephant or the tiger?" or "which three books do I need for Anna for the next couples of days?" What a change from over vacations.

When I get home first thing I will do is repack my travel size products. I had some left over from Russia and was surprised in a good way, not to mention the forty dollars I also found. Jimmy and La-La picked up a few things and left last night. Amazing how we will all arrive within minutes of each other, except Jaime, Greg and Hans they leave tomorrow.

Off to the house with the exception of it is rented to another family right now and not available until Saturday. I was banking on it not being rented and being able to extend our week. Oh well I will find a place to stay I'm sure.

The plane ride was fun for the most part. On the way to the airport Anna called up La-La on her foot phone. That just cracks me up. I promise I will edit to add pictures.
The weather is beautiful 92 degrees at 5pm. The clouds are picture perfect, big white and fluffy, the sky is powder blue. I can not wait to dip my feet in the water.

Anna spent most of the plane ride fighting a nap and playing with her little animals. Once the plane landed she freaked out and wanted off. Once we were out of the plane and strapped into her stroller she was out cold for close to 2 hours.

This sky is amazing I wish I could just bottle it up.

Pictures:



4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome to Florida! Don't forget to re apply the sunscreen and drink lots of water. It is very easy to get dehydrated!
Stephanie

The Robins' Nest said...

That is so true about packing when you have kids! Have a relaxing family vacation!

Melissa said...

Have a great time. Wish we were there too!
Melissa

Amber said...

glad to hear you made it safely there. Im another one who cant seem to pack lightly and thats been without kids I cant imagine what Ill do with a kid :)