Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm One of Two



In Russia tonight there is a woman who may not openly be celebrating Mother's day. Anna's first Mother will never know how much I think and care for her. When we pray at night I always mention her first family in Russia because even though Anna and I may never meet or converse with them they are also her family.

When I was in Russia on my first trip I saw a picture of Anna's Mother. Unfortunately for Anna I was not able to have this picture. I have toyed with the idea of doing a birth family search but for now for reasons I am not willing to discuss I have decided against that for now but I decided that in the near future I will do that search.

Tomorrow is Mother's day I will celebrate the day with Gerard and Anna. I will get to pick Anna up any time she wants me. I will be able to hug and kiss her all day long. I will be able to watch Anna laugh, run and play. In Russia, there is a woman who will not get the chance to behold this beautiful gift. I wish I had the chance to thank Anna's first Mother for giving me the chance to be Anna's forever Mother.

So there you have it, I am one of two woman who Anna can call Mama.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful post, Joy. Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

~Laura :)

Julie said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I am one of two also!!

Party Of Six said...

What a beautiful post. How nice you got to see a picture of her.I often think of my daughters Russian mother as well and wonder if she ever thinks of her. I was adopted too and I am celebrating mothers day with two moms,, I met my bio-mom just a few years ago!

Melissa said...

Beautiful! We are so lucky to have this Mother's Day and many more. I wonder if their moms do think of them. I am extremely lucky. Not only did I see a photo of Colby's mom, I have it on CD so he can look at it, if he ever wants. HIs mom, dad, and a couple relatives. What a gift.
Melissa
P.S. Happy Mother's Day to you!

The Robins' Nest said...

Beautifully said. Happy Mother's Day!

Amber said...

beautiful post and Happy Mothers Day

sunset pines farm said...

I didn't know you got to see a picture of the birth mom. Anna is blessed to have you in her life, and I you are blessed to have her, and that's how things were meant to be. So sweet of you to think of and pray for the birth mother.Maybe one day you(and Anna) will get to thank her.

Anonymous said...

I think of my little one's first mother all the time and pray that God will give her peace and know that her child is loved and adored. Thanks for writing about it. It is the piece of the puzzle we should never leave out of our adoption stories.

Victoria