Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm I Awful If I Think Like This??

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning. I mean real cleaning not just the standard straightening up. I used to have someone come to do the deep cleaning but once I started to save for the adoption this was an area where I was able to cut cost.

When I came home this morning every glass was clean. Not one piece of laundry was dirty!! Beds made. All rooms vacuumed.

So here is were my guilt comes in. Gerard left for work before me. So the house was just how left it. I really love that. I know that soon I will never have that again in my life but I really LOVED that feeling this morning!

7 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I TOTALLY understand. I hate it when Pat and Aidan get home before me because I always leave the house looking the way I want it and it never looks that way when I get home last!!

Carey and Norman said...

I think we all enjoy a clean house and know that it won't last long. Therefore, we cherish those few moments we can be proud of our accomplishments.

Roger and Joanne said...

I can totally relate. I'm already beginning to freak out about the messy/disorganized house I'll have once we bring our girl home. But, my neighbor has three little kids and her house is cleaner than mine. She trained the whole family pretty well. :-)

-Joanne

Kevin T. said...

I love when my house is clean and all straightened-out too! You are right - once we have our little ones running around, that will be the end of a perfecly spotless house with nothing in the way! But, I can't wait for that!

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

You made me smile :) There is nothing like a clean house!

cm

Christen L said...

I LOVE that feeling!!! Happy Halloween to you and Gerard. Hope you're doing something fun tonight!

Rob said...

I can overlook clutter, but I'm definitely a clean freak, so I understand completely!

Bringing a 2 yr old into the mix didn't really put an end to this but instead it just rearranged the compulsion a bit - we have the cleanest dining room and kitchen floor in the county! Sure, it starts innocently with just wiping up the tile under Liam's high chair after messy mealtimes, but next thing I know, I've mopped nearly the entire area by hand. Dust bunnies don't stand a chance!

(And ditto for the bathroom, which gets an overhaul during bathtimes most evenings.)