Saturday, October 18, 2008

Paper Work Updates-DONE!

This time last year I was just starting the paper work for my home study. I remember being so nervous that I would somehow fail or not be approved for adoption. I think that it is pretty normal to be concerned about the process. Over the last couple of months I have learned that many of the steps that I must take are only to ensure that I am equipped to care for a child.

I consider myself very lucky because my home study update is completed with a notarized letter from my agency. May I say this was done with almost no stress. Friday I took a drive to Trenton for a couple of new birth certificates. 29.00 dollars and 35 minutes later I had 5 new birth certificates in my hands. Oddly enough I only had one other document that needed to be redone which was the copy of my passport. Come Monday morning I will have that notarized and then put into an envelope to be apostilled.

I feel like I am getting things done. I love that feeling. I know that I have a couple more documents that are coming up for renewal in January. Because of my current time line I believe that most of my dossier will expire so I plan on working on having everything filled out and just waiting to be signed, notarized and apostilled. I like being ahead of the game.

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Congrats on finishing the update!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
That is great that you completed your update! Hope you are having a nice weekend...Teresa

Troy and Rachel said...

Things are so much easier the second time around! Glad the update went well and the other docs were easily obtained!

Stephanie and Dennis said...

HA HA HA - funny you shoud say taht I was in Trenton today!!! I am getting so used to the drive. Let me know when you want to car pool!!!!!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Yea, Joy! Congrats on getting the papers updated. I'm glad everything went quickly and smoothly and pray that referral is just around the corner!