Friday, October 10, 2008

Slip on Shoes vs Tie Up Shoes

The running joke in my house is that I can not tie my own shoes. The truth is I do know how to tie them but when I wear shoes that tie which is almost never Gerard ties them because he got tired of seeing me have to re-tie them about every fifteen minutes. Thank goodness for slip on shoes.

So the other day I was at my sister's house with my 5 year old nephew Aristotle and we were talking about when the baby comes I was not going to be allowed to show him how to tie his shoes. This is going to be Gerard's job.

So a couple minutes later of course Aristotle needed his shoes to be put on and tied. He brings them over to me and says "Just try, you know you have to practice tying shoes." So I put on his shoes and tied them up even tied a fancy double knot. He looks down and says "See Aunt Joy I just knew you could do it. We should call Uncle Gerard and tell him!"

The funny thing is after about 10 minutes of playing I see his father re-tying his shoes because they became untied. I guess you can not be good at everything.

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Cute story. Glad you wrote it down so you will remember it.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

He is hilarious!!! (and so are you :)