Friday, October 24, 2008

New Friends

Honestly, I really did not know if any one really reads this blog much. I have to say in the past couple of days I have been blessed with some comments from a few readers who have never commented before and I love it! I have gained so much knowledge and strength from those who are either in the process or have completed their adoptions.

Even though I have a supportive family I think that it is just easier to talk to others who are waiting or have waited. There are so many considerations that I must take into account because my experience of becoming a Mother is in many ways very different then anyone in my family has ever experienced. I know some family members are a bit afraid to ask how everything is going and still many do not understand why I have to wait at all. I find myself defending the process and I can say that sometimes I have less patience then I would ultimately like to have. As I have said in previous posts even I did not know how involved this would be for me.

I have the feeling that I will get a call closer to the holidays and I am really okay with that time frame. This week has been very productive for me. I am about 99% done with a gift that I started about a month ago. I have a feeling that it will be done just in time.



I have also finished a small crochet blanket that I started about 2 years ago. My problem is that I start a project and then I get busy and put it away. I am not sure if this will be a gift or if I will keep it for myself. I have that need to stay busy. My mind is better when my hands are busy. Who knew school was such a blessing.



I have also started to compile a list of adoptive parents who I have gotten in contact with so once I do get the call I can email everyone with the news. If you want to be on this list please shoot me an email and I will add you.

This week my agency was due to be audited by Russia. I hope and pray that this audit has went well. I know that there is always the off chance the adoption climate can change at a moments notice. I will keep you all updated as to how my agency has fared.

11 comments:

family of 5 said...

Hi Joy,
I'm new to your blog and am using your agency. I didn't know they were up for a review? Thanks for the update. I am about where you are on the wait list. Our turns should be near!

Carey and Norman said...

Hi Joy! I love the blankets. Very sweet. I'm amazed at your patience. You've been so strong and faithful during your adoption process!! Please put me on your e-mail list as I'd love to know ASAP!!

russianfairytale@gmail.com

Carolynn and Steve said...

Dear Joy,

I'm new to your blog too, but I want you to know that I understand what you're going through...we're also in the process of adoption from Russia, and have just recently changed agencies. The waiting is terrible, and you're right, it is hard when no one around you really understands what the process is like. My prayers for you as you hang in there.
The quilt and the crocheted blanket are amazing, by the way!
Grace and joy!

Roger and Joanne said...

Hi Joy,
Just as the last comment has said...I'm new to your blog, just in the past couple weeks. I also understand what you meant about friends/family not experienced in adoptions, and it can be disappointing and frustrating, defending/explaining things to them. I have switched agencies, as well, in June and am awaiting the call from Vlad for a little girl. Your patience and strength comes through in your words and I hope you have a great outcome soon! I'll keep reading...
-Joanne

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, Thanks again for checking-in today. I just love those blankets you made. You are very talented! I know how you feel about having people to share this process with who are actually going through it at the same time, or who have already gone through it. We have support from friends & family, too, but it just helps to be in contact with other adopting families. I am praying that your great news comes very soon! - I would love to be emailed to share in that amazing news!
Have a great weekend...Teresa

Rich and Jolynn said...

Hi Joy,
A review, we did not know this was happening, I'm gonna have good thoughts. You are so gifted I think I would have to keep the crochet one, it is just so beautiful. Every day I check your blog to see if you got the call yet. I just feel like it will be soon. Getting excited for you!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Okay Joy, first of all the quilt and blanket are beautiful!! You are so gifted in so many ways!

One of the main things that kept me going strong during our first adoption (and second) was having friends to talk to who understood when no one else could. Only those who have been there truly understand what it's like. I am happy you have "made some new friends" to encourage you as you prepare to receive your child's referral! I feel so blessed to have friends like you in out adoption community when I just need someone to talk to. Thank you for always being there for me and listening to me talk about our adoption when you too have your own adoption going on. :) I can't wait to hear you have been called to meet your baby!!!!

Peta-maree said...

Hi Joy,

i love the blankets they are very cute. Everyday i log on to see if you have had the call yet. I cant wait to see you as a mommy. I would love to be on your email list for when you get the call.
Peta.bortfield@gmail.com

Peta
Australia

Anonymous said...

wow...you are talented! i wish i could make beautiful things like you can! what a gift. i'd like to be on your e-mail list for when you receive "the call"....flyrod@sptc.net

Deb said...

Hope the audit went well. Your blankets are beautiful.

Dede said...

I think you already have my email. Make sure you let us know when you get "the news." I pray that it is soon...you've waited long enough!