Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick Or Treat!!

Yesterday I had so much fun! I was suppose to work Thursday into Friday but since not that many babies were born I was put on call. Which by the way I love with the exception is I usually wake up a couple of times through the night to check in. The checking in is not required but more of an anxiety thing that I think I have slept through a phone call.

So I got a great nights sleep and decided to drive to my sister's house to see my nephews Aristotle (5) and Sloan (11 months) for Halloween. Jackie my sister is a room Mother and was helping out with the party and parade. Aristotle's face was so sweet when he realized that I came over for the day to see him. I think he is still in the adjustment phase of having a little brother.

I took lots of pictures of him at school and the class. I think I am even going to try to put together a DVD for the teacher. Wish me luck. Then it was on to trick or treating with my BIL and Aristotle.

Ever since we moved to this house we get way less kiddos for trick or treat. Gerard and Dottie were at home to hand out the candy. In my other houses I would keep track of the number of children and we usually had about 150 to 180. Halloween used to cost me way more money. I am one of those take a big handful types. Honestly, How big is a 5 or 6 year-old's hand!!

In this house we only get about 40 children maybe its the graveyard across the street? When we moved in here we liked the fact that there were only a few houses on the block. My niece Joy laugh and told us we have thousands of neighbors but they are all really quiet.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Glad you had fun with your nephews.

I'm guessing it's the graveyard that keeps the kids away.
Happy Halloween!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

It sounds like you had fun with your nephews! I think 40 is still a pretty good number of trick-or-treaters! Hope you have a good weekend!

Kevin T. said...

Hi- Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I think kids would love to trick-or-treat with a graveyard nearby - perfect for Halloween! We hardly had any kids this year - Maybe 8 doorbell rings. Last year we had more and ran out of candy- This year we have tons leftover!

Melissa said...

Nephews are a lot of fun. I now have 4. The youngest is just 2 months younger than our little guy waiting for us in Russia.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words. The wait between trips is not easy and knowing we have to wait longer is just awful. Knowing that there are other families waiting, like us, is a huge help. Thank you again. I look forward to visiting your blog to see updates on your progress.
Melissa
www.adoptingcolby.blogspot.com

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you had a nice Halloween visiting your sister and nephews.

Our number of trick or treaters has dwindled too. I agree with Carrie that 40 is still a good number.