Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dry Run or "There are Mice Dancing on my bed!!"

Because I work the night shift my Mother has volunteered to be the token adult at home when I work. Finding someone to be in the house when you work the night shift is actually more difficult then you would think. My Mother and I have talked it over many times about how it would be for her to stay over night at my house and how it will affect her life.

Well the opportunity has presented itself to us for a dry run hence the title of this post. My Mother called me about 2 weeks ago half crying half yelling and this is what she said

Mother "There are mice dancing on my bed!!!
Me (Half a sleep) What?
Mother " They are dancing on my bed!!! They are trying to attack me!!

Okay so the truth is she saw a mouse. She did not see any actual dancing. So now she refuses to go home. Honestly I could care less if she decided to just move in but I would never want to take away her Independence plus I think she really likes her house. I consider us very lucky because our exterminator called me back within 5 minutes of me leaving a message and was at her house with in 15 minutes looking for those dancing mice.

My be she will be home by Thanksgiving?? I think she does not want to leave because she knows that I plan on not telling anyone (except my loyal readers) about the referral and trip until I am just about ready to leave. I like to surprise people.

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Dancing mice...cute story. It would make a cute Children's story.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she will be home by Thanksgiving????? Thats a while away? What could you be doing between now and then??

Anonymous said...

it is a weird feeling to have mice in your house. we live in the country so occassionally we have mice get in the house. a few months ago i heard scratching in the wall. i had my husband come in there the room to listen. he promptly punches a hole in the wall so the mice could get out of there. we used those sticky traps and caught seven mice over the next few days. it was gross and a weird feeling to know they were running around in our walls! i feel for your mom!

Carey and Norman said...

Hi Joy,

Please send me your e-mail address at russianfairytale@gmail.com. I need an address in order to send you the link. I will explain in our first post after going private more details about why I made this decision.

Many thanks,

Carey

Troy and Rachel said...

That's too funny! Danicing on the bed huh?!?!