Monday, October 13, 2008

1st Annual Pick a Pumpkin to Amuse Joy Event



Usually by this time in October the weather is cool and crisp. Well that is every other year except this one. Today it felt like 80 degrees in the sun while hunting for the perfect pumpkins with my friends. Lynn and I have been thinking up different fun filled events to help to pass the time. Her son and grandsons have been great sports. I was even able to convince Geralyn to go on the hayride and bring her Mother, son and nieces.

The funny thing is this was the first time that Geralyn's Mother was went on a hayride and I think she really liked it. The kids were so funny picking pumpkins. I think it is truly amazing just how different each pumpkin can be. Here are a couple of pictures from the day.


Tyler and Zachary


Prized Pumpkins


My Favorite Little Pumpkin



8 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Great photos. I love picking pumpkins (if you couldn't tell from our blog) and am glad to see so many others joining in on the fun!!

Troy and Rachel said...

Dottie looks adorable in her pumpkin costume!! Give her a rub from me!!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, Those are great shots. Those kids are so cute and I cannot believe Dottie kept her costume on!
Great picture of you, too!

Dede said...

We haven't made it to the pumpkin patch yet but soon I hope. Love the pics especially Dottie! ;-)

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

FUN! Dottie looks so precious, and the last picture of you is beautiful, Joy! We LOVE the pumpkin patch. I'm glad you had a fun time!

PattiL said...

OMG! Dottie is too Cute! I also just want to know about those 2 boys! My brother is turning 17, and every time I come up to NJ I have to bribe him to cut his hair! All the kids are growing it out. But I guess its not that bad. This way if my brother acts up, I can just pull his hair! LOL. Looks like you all had fun. I miss going pumpkin picking in NJ

Christen L said...

You look so happy and Dottie looks adorable! Glad you're doing well. And, I love that you spent the day doing this! :) I've been so busy lately. Need to check in more frequently.

Stephanie and Dennis said...

Where did you go Pumpkin picking? We still drive all the way out to Battleground in Freehold. We took teh boys last weekend.