Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dottie had to pee in a cup

Okay today Dottie went to the see her doctor today. The poor thing is always a nervous wreck to go to see the doctor even though they are truly wonderful. Gerard had a puppy dog for about 15 years old named Bobo. He was an adorable little beagle. Gerard got Bobo when he was 9 years old. One of the funniest things that Gerard's Mother remembers is Gerard and his sister asking her if they could take Bobo to the priest for his baptism. The priest baptised him on the spot. Sorry I know I am off the subject back to Dottie.

See this Vet is the same Vet that Bobo went to see for all his 15 years. We completely trust this Vet and so when he said she needs to pee in a cup I told her what she had to do. One short walk and one small urine sample collected. In addition to the urine sample the doctor ordered some blood work too actually a full panel of tests: CBC, Chemistry profile and Thyroid panel. I will not know the results for a least a day or so.

The doctor does not think that she has a urinary track infection but he wants to make sure. The doctor thinks that maybe she just has an old bladder that is causing the leakage. So he ordered a prescription to help with the leaking urine and will call me in a day or two if she needs an antibiotic.

I felt sorry for Dottie after the doctor visit so I decided to take her to the beach. Well she ran around like there was nothing wrong. We spent about an hour at the beach while she invested gated everything. She has done nothing but sleep all evening. I guess the run did her some good.

4 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Poor Dottie!! I'm glad the run at the beach seems to have done her some good. I go into automatic panic mode when any of my pets are sick, or seem like they are. I hope everything turns out okay with the urinalysis & blood work. Keep us posted & give Dottie a hug from me!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy,
That is so great that you took Dottie to the beach after her scary vet appointment! Please give her a hug from me, too! I get really panicked too if my doggie, Shea gets sick. I hope Dottie is better really soon!

Jane and Jim said...

I hope Dottie-girl gets better fast. I had a little dog for 12 years named Nikka and the last couple of years she had to wear diapers at night because of leakage. Talk about funny- I had to buy infant diapers (she was only 10 lbs) and cut a hole in the butt end for her tail. She was my 1st baby too and I so totally loved that little girl.

Dottie is very lucky to have a great mommy like you!

Troy and Rachel said...

Hope Dottie is doing better now! The things we do for our dogs. From one fellow dog lover to another...faults or not we love 'em!