Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Small Update-No Real News

Today I got the chance to speak to my new adoption coordinator. Our short talk was wonderful. I think it must be a requirement to perky and up beat when you are a coordinator. I imagine that each one of us may sound like we are at the end of our ropes at times.

She explained to me that part of the slow down is due to more Russian citizens adopting children. This type of wait I am okay with because I really would love to know that most of the children in the orphanage are becoming part of a family. My time will come.

Things that I will due while I wait:
  1. Save more money
  2. Save more PTO time
  3. Finish my Baby quilt
  4. Finish my BSN

So even though I have to wait and I do hate to wait I will be getting things done. I am definitely in the getting things done mode. Oh I almost forgot Last week I had the good fortune to be able to buy a bunch of baby gear from Gerard's mother's friend. We got a stroller, highchair, booster seat, car seat and a pack n play. I figure these will all be good at least as a second for the grandparent's houses.

My mother and Gerard's parents will in the same town as I do so I imagine there will be many times when we will be at one of their homes. So it is nice to not have to pack the car for just a couple of hours. I am worried about how I will incorporate my family into my child's life without causing anymore damage to the child and without hurting anyone's feeling. This is a delicate balance and one I am not looking forward to having to overcome.

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

That's great that you were able to get all that gear from a friend!! Glad you liked your new coordinator.

Kevin T. said...

I am going to try to get some of your great attitude! You are right, there is still so much to get done so I should take advantage of all this time. That is great that you got so much great stuff - You are definitely ready!

Unknown said...

I am happy that you like your new coordinator. I think it will help so much to be comfortable with the person you are working with. We also made a list awhile back but have accomplished little of it. What can you do???

junglemama said...

You have such a wonderful attitude. I hope you hear some good news soon.

Christen L said...

How great that you were able to get all of those things?! Must feel real to have baby "stuff" around the house. I worry about the family thing, too. I think it's perfectly normal. Not sure there is a real solution, as I'm sure it's different for every family. My advice would be to educate your family about bonding issues and be honest. Hopefully they will understand.