Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Results are In and Life is Great!

The results are in and the news is wonderful. I dropped Dottie off at the Vet's office yesterday for her ultrasound. Of course I was praying for the best possible news and that is exactly what I got. Yeah for me and Dottie too!!

The ultrasound did uncover that Dottie has unusually small kidneys for her size. There does seem to be some changes to the kidneys and the liver that are a result of the aging process. NO EVIDENCE OF A MASS OR STONES!!

The ultrasound did uncover glomerulonephritis. This is an infection of the glomeruli or the filtering cells of the kidney. So the long and short of this is that Dottie has a severe kidney infection. The treatment is Clavamox which is the antibiotic that the doctor put her on last week. She will need to have another urine sample one week after the antibiotics are completed and more blood work in 3 months.

Dottie is back to her old self. Ask me how I know this well this morning around 5 am I could feel a breeze on my face. Then it was the tell tale tap on my shoulder. She woke me up to go to the bathroom and have a treat. Once my eyes opened up she ran around the bed barking at me. I am more then relieved. I am ecstatic. I am truly enjoying having our little Dottie back to normal.

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

FANTASTIC!!! I am so glad Dottie is going to be fine!!

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Yea! I was hoping for good Dottie news! Now I'm back to hoping for good adoption news!

cm

Jane and Jim said...

OMG I am so glad and relieved. I can take anything except a hurt animal...
Yay Dottie - MANY MANY more years to come!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy!!! I am soooo happy that Dottie will be fine!!! You must have been so worried - Now you can relax!! I pray for more good news soon to come for you!! Warmest wishes...Teresa

Melissa said...

Wonderful news!!!