Thursday, May 8, 2008

Life is Full of Changes

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for Dottie. She is back to her sparkly self. Which is what I love about her.

Well today marks 10 months of the adoption process. Honestly I have put worrying aside because first of all I pretty much know that I will not receive my referral until September 2008. The funny thing about me is that if I now their is a target date I am okay until that date comes. So I have just been plugging along. I have not had much anxiety over the whole adoption lately.

I think part of the reason why I have been so calm is because I know the things that are a constant or at least I thought I did like:

  • Name of my agency

  • Name of my coordinator

  • Memorized the agency's address and my coordinator's telephone number

  • That the Dossier is in Russia

  • I have done all the paperwork that I can do (At least for now)

  • I have the PTO time that I need to travel

I also know the things that are not constant or that are up in the air such as:



  • Travel date

  • Boy or girl

  • Age of the child

  • And so many other things that I can not even think of right now

So what has me a touch freaked well it is a little of email that I opened last night. Honestly in the grand scheme of things it is not a big deal. I would rate this on the trauma scale of 0-5 (five being the worst) as a -1. So what is the change my coordinator is being changed. I am feeling a touch abandoned because this is the second time that a coordinator has left me but I am going to pull on my big girl underpants and deal with it.

If you remember back a couple of weeks ago my coordinator's father died. Because I know what feelings go along with that type of news I have been worried about her even though I barely know her. I know that when my father died I needed to take off at least 3 weeks because I was so sad. The year that followed his death was equally challenging. So any time I hear of someone who has lost a parent my heart just goes out to them because I know how important the relationship between a parent and a child is no matter how old you are.

I am sure that those of you who have completed your families can really relate to what I am saying. Those of you who are waiting to either meet your baby or to pick him or her up really want that bond that you may have with your own parents.

So I totally understand that she needs to scale back to care for herself and her family because in the grand scheme of things your family is what is most important in this life not the other silly things. I would like to ask everyone to send up a prayer for Lisa that she is able to deal with all the emotions that she is feeling right now.

As for me I am still plugging along. I think I may even decide to rent that beach cottage that I wanted to rent this year in North Carolina. I love this cottage because it is one that allows dogs to come. The cottage has a fenced in yard and the price is right.

5 comments:

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I have been following yours as well, I think through Becky's blog...

I was glad to hear that Dottie was ok. We have 2 dogs and they are really special to us as well.

I think the beach rental sounds incredible!

Janine said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy that Dottie is back to normal. What a relief that must be!!

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy, I will say a prayer for your coordinator. I think you should definitely rent that beach cottage - That sounds so great!! I know how you feel, we were hoping to travel this summer too, but the rate we are going, I don't think so. Who knows, maybe we will both get the call sooner than we thought and if not, then maybe we will meet up in Russia! Take care...Teresa

Christen L said...

I missed so much while on vacation. Glad to be caught up and glad to hear things are going well and Dottie is okay. (Sorry for that lengthy, run on sentence....)

As for the beach cottage, I say GO FOR IT!! :)

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that Dottie is back to her peppy self. It is awful nice to have a date in mind, but even then this wait is excruciating! Oh well it will be worth it in the end!