Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thoughts about Traveling in the Winter

Okay the Kohls sucked me back in yet again. I got such a fabulous buy yesterday at Kohls. I am taking the wait in stride. As I was walking around Kohls I was thinking about how I really would love to travel to Russia when it is warmer because for me it would be easier but when I was thinking about this I did miss the thought of freezing in Russia.

Okay I know I am crazy but in my mind I had thought about the stories that I would share with my little one about how cold it felt until I was able to hold my little one. I imagined the pictures in my mind of snow covered roads and women in big fur hats. Again I know this may sound crazy but when I return to Russia for a visit with my little one I probably will not choose to travel in the winter.

I woke up today excited about this new possibility of wet snow boots and bundling up. After all I did buy 3 pairs of silk long johns. The thought of me traveling in the dead middle of winter really makes Gerard and my family laugh to the point of tears. Okay what you all do not know about us is that we do have a bit of a strange sense of humor. I think that if I travel in the summer time I might fell as though I have missed out.

With all that said if by chance the MOE is reading this because I know that they are because they love me and love to hear me rant about nothing I will gladly accept a referral now. I will just have to directions and travel to Russia is the dead middle of winter for a vacation.

Wow I really got off my train of thought. I was just going to tell you all that I went to Kohls and bought the little one snow boots for $3.49 so I got two pair. I would give you a picture but Gerard has borrowed my camera. I know you miss those photos of nothing.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We have little snow boots too :-)

Kevin T. said...

Hi Joy! We were wishing to travel in the summer, but somehow I believe that "ain't happenin". You are smart to start looking for winter stuff. I have to admit, I have already bought a bunch of summer baby outfits at the Carters outlet store (sz. 24 months)- Well, maybe they will fit him next summer. I hear that Russia is really magical during the holidays. Praying that we get to pick up our munchkins at least by then!! Those boots sound really cute!!

Jane and Jim said...

Great job getting a great deal!! It's so fun to shop for munchkins, eh?!

Christen L said...

I imagine us traveling in the dead of winter, too.

Don't you just love Kohls' deals?!

Jillybean said...

aw! I can totally agree with you on the winter thing! when you see movies about Russia everyone is bundled up and drinking out of an old steal cup and eating bread. just bread, fresh, right from the loaf, nothing fancy. lol It would defiantly be supper cute to tell your baby about have to be all cold until you got them. But aunt joy, for real, you will most likely tell them that even if it was sunny lol you're great at those stories....just like how my mom could talk right when she was born and things of that sort! ha ha read my blog i have up dated. I'm bloging my life now. I'm trying to get something up for everyday! lol