Sunday, October 3, 2010

Daddy Peaseeee

So the other night I was working and Gerard had Anna. If you know Gerard in person you would know that the man can not pass a Rita's water ice or Dairy Queen without at least the consideration of stopping. Gerard decided a ride to one of the two Rita's ices that we visits frequently...yes he alternates them, yes there is a scientific reason but I do not understand it, I just tell him it is his OCD nature and usually her laughs. He decided on the one in town not the one by the lake. One Rita's ice was purchased for them to share, the new Swedish Fish flavor which is very tasty.

Here is some background for the story. I usually read to Anna everyday. If we pass her book shelf she wants me to stop everything and read to her. On most occasions I would say more then 90% I do stop and read to her. Two of her favorite books are "Good Night Moon" and "Guess how much I love you" both have a reference to the moon in them.

Recently she has started to say "Moon" every time she sees the moon or a picture of the moon. I think it is so cute and have encouraged her by talking about the moon. The conversation usually ends with "What is the moon made of?" and she says "Cheese" then laughs.

So the other night when they were out the moon was quite full and rising. Anna took one look at the moon and started to insist that Gerard hold her up so she could touch it. "Peaseeee, touch, Daddy" all while she was alternating reaching for the moon and pointing to her hand which means she wants to hold it.

Gerard usually does not call me at work but that night I was glad he did.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cute. I'm glad she likes that book. We read it too. And every night I say to Colby,"I love you to...." and he replies, "The back moon." (Instead of to the moon and back.) Love it!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

You might like "Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me" by Eric Carle

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Very cute!! Both of those books were some of our favorites and were read every night for a very long time. . .I think I still know Good night Moon by heart!!

Target has a moon that you can hang on the wall and then use a remote to turn it on, like a nightlight, and it goes through the phases. . .Aidan loooooovvvvveeesss his!!

Anita said...

Awww, sweet Daddy/little girl moment!