Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fun!

I started to write this post before we left for Disney, since Disney Anna has had a word explosion. Basically, she is now saying a lot of single words not many together however. I think I have been quite open when I say Anna's speech is a bit delayed. Yes Anna was in speech therapy once a week but we had to say Goodbye to Miss Sarah because Anna will now have speech therapy at school twice a week. I am a little sad because I enjoy her company in addition to the effort that she puts forth with Anna.

So the other day Anna and I were dancing in the kitchen. Yes I dance in my kitchen often with Anna. I love that I can pick her up hold her and dance now. I know that she enjoys it too. She was laughing and giggling which I also love to see and hear. I asked her "Is this fun?" Thinking she might say "yes". Usually Anna does not say yes in the correct context but instead she said "Fun!".

Throughout the day she kept coming to me for "fun" and laughing. In an effort to make her understand that you can have fun doing many things other then dancing I would tickle her, swing her around, read to her then tell her this is "fun too!"

I love that she associated fun with activities that her and I do together. She will get the concept soon but I hope not too soon because I am having fun too.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yeah! And yes, we dance in our kitchen too!