Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blog Design

I would love to have a blog makeover. I love the way my blog looks now but I do believe and update is in order. When I first started this blog simple was the all that could describe the look of my blog, it was just plain green. Green being my favorite color it worked for me. Then I saw a just how beautiful some of the blogs I read were decorated. Which brings me to my current blog design. If you notice in the header I have a picture of Dottie my faithful dog who passed almost a year ago and the Barnegat Lighthouse. My orignal idea was to replace the lighthouse with a picture of Anna.

Dottie passed much around the same time all heck broke loose in my house with having a new baby and a Mother who was ill. Life got busy here and I did think about updating it my blog back in May but once again I felt my life get so busy that I just could not think about what I wanted. I want a picture of Anna in the header and perhaps me. Mr. Wilson will not even consider the idea, I do ask him often but answer always the same. Sorry guys but I think he is softening to the idea.

If you have a blog designer who do you use?

3 comments:

Masha said...

Joy,

There are several great free services for blog designs and then you can easily edit the header with photoshop. You just need to be able to insert the HTML code into your blog and have a place where you can upload the graphic files. If you need help with some basic photoshop, let me know. Otherwise, lots of blog designers but services vary a few hundred dollars. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

"Mr. Wilson"--love it!!

JennStar said...

Not really a blog designer, but I love the blog kits by Shabby Miss Jenn and The Shabby Princess. And Blogger has pretty easy instructions that you can use to insert everything into the right places. I did this with my typepad blog (before my switch) and I easily stumbled on how to get everything into place. Let me know if you have any ??'s