Monday, October 4, 2010

I fear...

Summer is over. I waited so long for summer to start so that I could enjoy every minute of it with Anna. I am sad to think this summer is over but with this first official weekend of Fall I found myself still enjoying every minute of the weekend. On Saturday I spent the afternoon with Anna and my sister Julie. I have lived in the area for for most of my life with the exception of about 10 years in Florida when I was very young. Julie and I decided that we both love chowder so why not go to the Chowderfest on LBI.

I can not believe that in all these years neither of us have ever been to the Chowderfest. Okay we are first timers so we did not realize that the chowder tasting part of Chowderfest was on Sunday not Saturday. Many of the local retailers drastically reduce the price of much of their merchandise so we did a little bit of shopping instead. I got a new sweat shirt for Anna and I. Anna did not deal well with having so many people around. At first I was surprised but I realize that this has been a tough week for her so I excused much of her behavior and we decided to leave early.

Anna now knows that when we cross over the bridge we are close to the beach so she kept crying "beach, beach, beach." I was reluctant to take her to the beach because she was in a solid meltdown state. I figured lets try at least. I love the beach and I find it relaxing so perhaps it will relax her as well.

I was right it did. Once we got the the beach entrance her shoes came off and a smile appeared on her face. I did take a few pictures of course. I so would love to take a class in photography and I am strongly thinking about seeing if I can do one on line.

I guess what I am realizing is that every part of having Anna in my life has made my life that much better. I am now getting excited about the Fall. I hope I can fit everything in that I want to do with Anna.






4 comments:

Rob said...

Sadly, I believe our Summer is long gone now too.

Since this is our first Summer with a swimming pool, we were practically begging for lots of triple-digit days and only got a handful. And now that Fall is firmly upon us and the daytime high temps are already hovering around the upper 70s (which is not typical at all for West Texas), the water is just much too cool to even think about swimming.

But we'll sure be ready to make the most of it next year!

Melissa said...

It is over but with Fall comes apple picking and fall fairs and corn mazes and so much more. Now onto "Halloween time". Soon the holidays will be here. Yikes!
Melissa

Dede said...

Anna just looks more and more like you in every picture! I love the one of her running in the water. Your love for photography shows.

Anita said...

Just looking at the pics of Anna. She's getting so big and is just gorgeous!