Thursday, December 31, 2009

A chicken in every pot...

This year has had many ups and downs. Exactly a year ago I was sitting on my sofa typing my New Years Eve Post trying my best to be upbeat. I read it today right before I started typing this one, in so many ways it seems like yesterday and in others it seems like it was decades ago.

I had been distraught because of financial issues that my agency was having. Quite honestly I remember thinking this might be the end of the journey for me. If the agency was going under I would have had to postpone my adoption for at least a year to recoup the money that I would have lost. Luckily, I did not have to do that who would have know that my planned trip to Michigan for a very grim meeting with the agency would have had so many silver linings. I got to meet in person Jolynn and Rich as well as Lori and Kevin. Both couples have become families welcoming a baby boy for Jolynn and a little girl for Lori.

I think the saying 'A chicken in every pot...' really sums up how I have been feeling lately. I am blessed even in my moments of stress I have a little one who reminds me of that everyday. This year is so different then last year in only the best ways. Happy New Year to all,may 2010 bring only joyous surprises and memories to all.




12 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy New Year Joy! I hope this year brings you much happiness and great health for your mom. Here's looking toward so many firsts and many memories to make with our families.
Melissa

Jane and Jim said...

Happy New Year!!
I hope this year will be even better than the last.

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Happy New Year to you guys!!!

Rich and Jolynn said...

She is so great in her kitchen :) You brought back a lot of memories for me, meeting you is one of the good ones! Happy New Year!

Heidi said...

Happy New Year Joy and family. May the year bring you never ending peace and happiness.

I love the baby's overalls!!

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Love the kitchen and, I see your little one got a zhu zhu pet! Nicholas, too. He is crazy about 'Nugget' :)

Hugs to you, Joy.

Happy New Year!

cm

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Happy New Year, friend!! Anna looks so cute cooking in her kitchen!!

ana said...

Happy New Year! Love the floral headband! She is just so cute!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Happy New Year! Isn't is awesome what a difference one year makes? I remembr thinking that last year. . .two years ago we were in between trips--our 4 month wait seemed like 400 years! I think we will all have a fantastic 2010!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you all! I remember what you went through last year and I am so happy for you! She is so precious and you can see how she was meant to be with you guys. Just looking at you together makes me realize long waits happen for a reason.
Adorable pictures!
All the best... Teresa

Pam said...

From our family to yours "Happy New Year"!
Nova loved seeing the pictures of Anna and her kitchen. She ran and got one of her pans to show Anna(same ones)!Now she wants a chicken, where did you find it? How do you keep headbands on her Nova only leaves them on for about 5 min.then the hair is back in her eyes. We hope you all have a fun filled New Year!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I see the makings of a great chef! Where on earth did you find that chicken??? Happy New Year!!!