Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pondering a Christmas card photo

I feel so behind this year. Usually I am done with decorating, gift buying. I used to pride myself in having my Christmas cards out in a timely manner. I had wanted to send a card with all our pictures on it this year. Yes, Gerard agreed to having his face on a Christmas card. In all the craziness of life we only had one opportunity to dress in festive clothes when we went to tag a tree.

We counted on someone else taking advantage of the beautiful day to do the same and hopefully take a professional like photo of the 3 of us capturing this once in a lifetime moment. Well if you count the horse there were four of us in the field. The horse by far won out over any Christmas tree we tried to pick. I say don't fight it so we spent more time just looking at the horse.

So I have about 6 pictures to work with for a Christmas card. Honestly I am still not sure that I will even be sending one because of the time constraints, we will see.

Now do not faint yes that is him.


8 comments:

Suz said...

Nice eyebrows Gerard LOL! Hee hee it's fun to finally "see" him. Kind of like Wilson next door to the Taylor family on "Home Improvement"

How about do one with all three photos in a collage type thing. We did ours last year on Shutterfly. I'm not a pre-printed card type girl, but last year neccesitated it.


I love the pix!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Aww:) I am catching up today on your blog! Hope all is well with the fam!!

JennStar said...

Suz, I was thinking the same thing- we shall now call him Wilson! ;o)
Even if you don't send them out, I would encourage you to create one. Since it's your 1st Christmas with her home, it will be a treasure to look at later in the years- I'd create one with all 3 of you! We've been making them since our oldest was almost 2 and I love to look through them (we have 6 years' worth now). :o)

Anonymous said...

Joy,
You have to send out cards. It is your first christmas together as a family. Target (my favorite store, in case you did not know) will develop them in one day. So you have plenty of time. I have not even taken my pictures yet. It's still early.
Amelia and Kathy C.

Melissa said...

It's Tim Taylor's neighbor!!! What a great photo. It seems you have the same predicament we have, lots of cute photos of the little one and hardly any of the three of you. We just went with photos of Colby. Who wants to see our ugly mugs??
Melissa

Christen L said...

Wow - he exists!!!! :) lol.

Can't wait to see what you choose for your Christmas card. I definitely think that you should include a picture of the three of you being that it's your first Christmas home together.

sunset pines farm said...

I hope you do send cards-that is one of our most beloved traditions, always a photo.
I like all three, so why don't you do a collage with Anna alone in the middle, mom and dad on each side? I use picnic.com-free and you can add borders, text, effects, crop, whatever. I save mine and export them to a photo printing service, and voila-for about 18 cents per piece you have a photo card.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Too funny! I would do the precious one of Anna, although the collage idea sounds awesome. . .I ordered ours from Snapfish.com on Sunday, Nov. 30th and had them in my hand on Tuesday, Dec. 2nd. I got the one already signed--I have a 3 year old, afterall! It worked. I put it, with a printed letter (never did that before, either)in an envelope, slapped the address labels on, a stamp, and had them all out in the mail by last Friday. It's not what I would normally do, but people really understand when there are children involved. . .especially our high maintenance kids!! : ) God Bless and Merry Christmas!