Monday, January 4, 2010

What do you do when it is 20 degrees....Swim of course!

This past weekend it was my nephew Sloan's birthday. He turned 2 years old. I just can not believe it. Funny does not describe him well enough, he is a very sensitive little man always looking for his Mama. The funny thing it he is easily 6 inches taller then Anna and 15 lbs heavier. Anna just loves to put on his shoes. He can jump from a standing position and he gets about 4 inches of air. This is something that Anna still is trying to do. If you ask him a question and the answer is "yes" he can say it clear as a bell.

Which brings us to this weekend. I was off so therefore fun and games should happen. I called my sister to see if she was interested in going to an indoor water park that my friend Dana found. When we got there it was way cooler then I thought it would be. I think this will become a place where we will go again. It was a sunny 84 degrees and the water was warm. They even have a slide that goes outside and back into the building.

The area for the little ones was nice as well. There was a small water slide which Anna went down approximately 651 times. Sloan went down 2 but he is not much of a dare devil like Anna so he was content to play in the fountains. The lazy river was warm enough to take a couple of laps in. In all the day was great! One problem going to the car. I had to throw my sister under the bus so out to the car she ran, probably faster then she has ever ran to pick the rest of us up at the door.







Tomorrow should also prove to be an interesting day, my first Post Placement Report visit!!!! Can you believe it has been 4 plus months since Anna has been home! Yes I do plan on taking some time today to pick up. Am a I little nervous yes but I think that is normal. One thing I will say is I have actually had quite a bit of contact with my home study agency over the years so it makes it much easier for me. They are pretty nice and supportive. The rush is on to get the report done and to my adoption agency before January 25th. I guess that is the stuff that I worry about.



Yes that is Anna "helping" us put in the child locks. I not sure it she was helping us put them in or trying to figure out how they come out?

8 comments:

Melissa said...

A great way to spend a chilly day. We have a small indoor waterpark too but I've never been. It hasn't gotten any good reviews from people I know. Maybe I'll try it one day though. Good luck on your visit. YOu'll be fine. We have our 1 year visit coming up!
Melissa

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

To much fun!! I love the pic were Anna is clapping! Good luck with your visit!

Amy said...

I can't believe it's ONLY been 4 months! Seems like she's been home for so long!!

Waterpark looks fun!

Anonymous said...

wow, 4 months! time sure flies. the waterpark looks fun!

Pam said...

We just did our ppr in Dec. So I know how you feel & ours was our third and I still get nervous.
When Nova came home we put 1 child thingy on the kitchen sink doors and she was fine with that but when my nephew came to visit he was a terror and I have glass lids for my pans so I grabbed two ponytail bands and put them over the knobs and told him "No" it worked and to this day Nova still insists those ponytail bands have to be on the doors, she even puts them on if we forget. She just never bothered the cupboards only the pantry(she plays hide & seek in it). Anna looks so happy! You'll do fine!!

Jane and Jim said...

What a GREAT place! That's so fun, I wish we had an indoor water park near us - it gets cold here too...well cool anyway!
She's growing so fast and is so darling.
Yeah, you start to wonder if the paperwork will ever go away!

Dede said...

I wish I was at that water park right now. What a great idea for the winter! Good luck on the PP visit, we just had our 3rd one. Love the picture of Anna helping with the locks. ;-)

sunset pines farm said...

And why not? I don't know of a single better thing to do than go swimming when it is frigid outside!
Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

By the way, it was 23 degrees outside here. Frigid!!! We are praying for snow tonight(it hasn't snowed here since 78) and if we don't get it, we will be doing what my neighbor did this morning...setting up a fan and a sprinkler and making our own.

It's either that, or taking a road trip a few hours up north to see the real thing.