Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Rise and Shine

Sleeping has been getting better but with the holidays Anna's schedule got a little crazy. Yesterday she woke up late like 10 am, usually she gets up between 8:30 and 9 am which pushed back nap time and night time which makes things harder.

Anna and I sleep together. This is one thing that I think has been a blessing for her and me. I really believe that co-sleeping at this age for her has been a major benefit for her. In the early days sleep was more of a nightmare then a pleasure. Nap time was only achieved by walking her for about an hour. With the cold weather walking is hard.

Which brings us to this morning I got up about 7 am and with that a little head popped up. I told her it was okay to lay her head back down and sleep a little more. She did sleep for about another 30 minutes which was nice for me, then I heard a little bump and feet walking with determination a dog in one hand and a baby in the other. In the last month we have practiced holding in the morning this morning she climbed into my lap and laid her head down for some Mommy time.

After a morning of picking up the wave of toys and folding laundry I realized that food is important so grocery shopping was on my list for today. So this afternoon I started to get her dressed (yes we stay in our PJs until noon most days) when she asked for a "ba ba" I laid her down, put on the music and she was out cold in 10 minutes.

So to make this long story much shorter sleep time is getting easier and more of a pleasure less of a nightmare.

2 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Good for you!! I agree the holidays do mess with the schedule. . .Aidan is waaaaayyyy off! Tomorrow, back to the grind. And back to a schedule--for a day and a half! : )

Pam said...

So happy to hear bed time is getting better for you both! oh boy does the holidays mess with little ones schedules, it seems to me everyone wants to do things right at nap time,UGH!! Even at 3 Nova requires her nap.