Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pjs are in!

I have to say I can not remember ever being so excited over pajamas. This year it will be Christmas light, or in other words a streamlined Christmas in terms of gift giving. I am sure that many can appreciate that this year has been a very expensive year. Being out of work with my broken arm was not a help either.

I am thankful that I have all I do. I am not talking about the material things because they come and go. Since Anna has been home we are realizing just how important spending time together is. Gerard and I are story tellers to some degree, we love a good laugh and Anna has brightened our lives in ways I never thought was possible. Believe me I could talk all day about her and probably do.

Santa will have gifts for Anna because he knows that she has been a very good little girl but really it is so not about the gifts this year. I feel like it is more about the memories of seeing her face everyday and knowing that I she is here where she belongs. I so wish you all could see her in person because you would know what I am talking about she is funny and a bit quirky.

I have said it before I am not a size 2 I know that. I am thankful that the PJs fit and I will not need my girdle for Christmas morning.

4 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Amen to Christmas light! The expenses don't stop. . .not to depress you. They are fun expenses. I could go broke in Baby Gap and Gymboree!! : ) Our child care though, sheesh! What I wouldn't give for a $1200 a month raise! : )

Enjoy. Sounds like you all are hitting your stride. Happy times. Fun loving times.

Pam said...

What no sneak preview of the PJs?
Our first Christmas was the same as you are talking about. It was more about watching the joy on Nova's face. And to tell you the truth its still that way this year and we love it!!!!!!! ENJOY

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Love the matching pj idea! That's actually a good attachment exercise. We were told to get family pictures wearing the same thing, order the same ice cream when we go out for it, etc to teach Nicholas the 'community' of family. 'Our family likes chocolate ice cream!' - kind of thing. My mom made us 'family pants' - sweats that match :) Nicholas gets such a kick out of having them on together.

Can't wait to see pics.

cm

sunset pines farm said...

Getting christmas pjs is one of our most loved family traditions. We each get a pair on Christmas eve after we get back from our candlelight service at church, and we sleep in them. When our family shows up to open gifts in the morning, all 3 of us are still in our pjs. Some years we have matched, if I need to confess.