Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2-4-6-24....

You all know that I love numbers so each one of these numbers does have a meaning. First of all I just can not believe that it has been this long since I have posted something but I can explain. I worked into the snow storm and was extremely lucky to not have to go back to work. The snow is still well above my knee and yes I do know that I am short but not that short but I easily had 24 inches in my front yard.

So 2 equals the number of days Gerard was in the hospital for his 4mm and 6mm kidney stones which he is yet to pass and is not expected to pass without intervention. The poor guys makes that a lot of them so I knew exactly what it was when he crawled into the house from shoveling the driveway. Poor Anna was so distressed to see him like that. The poor thing kept bringing him different things to make him laugh or smile.

Finally she gave him a seagull and even made the sound for him. When none of that worked she kissed him then looked at me to reassure her that she was doing the right thing. I guess she is really getting it that she needs to come to us for comfort because this was her instinct to make him better. On the long trip to the hospital this is what we talked about to keep his mind off the pain. She has come so far in such a short period of time.

4 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

Oh, sorry Gerard. I know how painful kidney stones are. Hopefully, you will feel better as soon as possible. Anna is so precious taking care of her Daddy :)

Jo

Julie said...

That is so sweet to hear Anna is trying to comfort him. You must be doing something right!!! Guess that is the silver lining here... Hope G feels better soon!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I'm sorry Gerard is having such pain!! But, how sweet of Anna!!! You have absolutely done terrific, Joy. She would not know that kind of empathy without the constant reassurance, love, and support from the two of you.

Merry Christmas!! I should have gotten your address. . .

Dana Doctor said...

Oh poor Gerard! Hope he feels better soon!