Monday, November 10, 2008

What a Week This Will Be!!!

I have to say this week is going to be very exciting for me! I would love to say it is because I have gotten a referral but no that is not the reason. After 16 months I will get to meet my first blogger friend in person. Okay does that mean I have no life because I am so excited...well maybe but I think many of you who do read this blog will also find my week exciting too.

All I will say today is this week will surprise many of you for many reasons. I know that you are all tired of hearing about how starting this blog has impacted my life but do not stop reading here. I have "met" so many interesting people. I have learned so much on about adoption but more importantly about myself. I do believe that God works in mysterious ways. I remember thinking when I started this blog that I bet it will fall by the wayside before the New Year. I am glad that it never did.

Do not get me wrong I know much of what I write about is not really all that interesting. Especially for those who are in the very active phases of adoption. I remember thinking wow this is so exciting to read about what I may one day experience.

I believe that each of us has the ability to positively impact each other's lives. I think that sometimes we all forget how a simple gesture, phone call or email could change the course of each other's journey drastically. This happened to me this past June and then again later in the summer.

I will never forget the phone calls that have brought me to this week. Some calls were really hard to make and receive for all the parties involved. I pondered over how to word one email in particular so that I would not hurt this woman but that would accurately describe the situation. I am so glad that I did hit the send button. It took me 3 hours to write that short 4-5 sentence email. My intention is never to hurt someone but that can be a difficult task when so many emotions are involved.

Some phone calls left me feeling so excited that I would have trouble sleeping at just to possibility of what may occur. I know that this week I will be torn by many different feelings some sad and some that are extremely happy. So stay tuned for more.

11 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

How exciting! I know it would be terrific to meet you and any other person I follow in Blog World! Best of fun and good wishes for the excitement to continue!

Becky and Keith said...

Ohhh... I can't wait to find out who it is (I have a guess!). Meeting the blog world in real life is tons of fun - you feel like you've known these people forever! Be sure to take a lot of pictures! :-)

Troy and Rachel said...

Yay!! It's so nice to connect and I am so glad you get to do that!! BTW - I loved Dottie as a ladybug!! Sorry I'm so late catching up -

Carey and Norman said...

I agree that we all meet people throughout our adoption that truly impact the people we become and the relationships we make for life!!

Kevin T. said...

That is so exciting that you are meeting a blog friend!! I hope someday I get to meet you and all my other blog friends!! All of us and our children will definitely have so much to share! Have a great time!!

Tiger & Kar said...

It is soooooo exciting to meet a blogger friend in real life. I can't wait to hear more about your week. I'm thrilled for you!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

i agree that this adoption world has some great people in it. i feel blessed to be a part of it too! it definately would be fun to meet a bloggin' friend in person! have fun.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Wow- what a great time you will have.

I had some help from Becky piecing all of this together. I think she is right about who it is.

I think you are an incredible person and you are getting to be a part of something incredible as well. Stand firm in your wait for the beautiful baby that is waiting for you in Russia. Your time is coming!

Nicole Brueck said...

Glad you are getting to meet someone from "blogland". I agree with the others that you "met" so many great people along the way during your adoption.
And, please....follow along on my blog. With 3 kids, my life is bound to be interesting and chaotic!

God's Girl said...

Wow. You sure have been through a lot. We are just starting our process to adopt in Russia for the second time.

I pray that all goes well for you.

Julie