Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Surprise is Revealed!! ***Edited to include Pictures

I feel so blessed in many ways. As some of you may know if you have been reading my blog for the past couple of months I was given the opportunity to adopt a child who was due in November of this year. After much soul searching I made the decision to not parent this child because I cherish my relationship with my friend and I feared that in some way the relationship would change.

The reason I feel so blessed is because I had the opportunity to help this strong intelligent young woman and her mother to find a family who I know was the best match for her and her baby. Can anyone guess who this family is???? Well lets see I live in New Jersey!!! Becky you were right.

This special adoption is one reason why I believe in my heart that my adoption plan has not been relieved to me up until now. I can not express in words how grateful I am to have been a small part of this adoption. Please pray for Adrienne, Jim and Owen as they near the day they will gain a new member into their tight knit little family. God works in mysterious ways!



I believe that anyone who has met Adrienne, Jim and Owen would a agree with me that Owen in in LOVE with them and very attached. Owen is like butter you just want to pick him up kiss is whole face and you could never get enough. Adrienne is perky and sweet and just everything that you would think she is from her blog. Jim is really funny. You can just tell that he has a great sense of humor.

I had such big plans of posting the picture of the four of us from dinner last night but (and this was a pretty BIG but) I forgot my camera in the car. Yes the same car that was totaled last night on my way to work after dinner. I was hit by a drunk driver from behind. So once again I feel very blessed. I was the sandwiched between 2 cars. Unfortunately, the impact of him hitting me sent me straight into the car in front of me.

When I say God works in mysterious ways I know this is true. My friends think I at work think I am a bit crazy because I am not mad at the person who hit me and least not yet but instead I feel grateful that he did not hit the people in front of me who were elderly because it would have sent them straight into the intersection that was very busy.

I spent most of the night in the ER but I only have bumps and bruises. I am lucky because most people who are hit by a drunk driver do not walk way so easily. Please pray that this drunk driver (I know this sound weird) hears the wake up call and gets some help.

On the funnier side and how I know he was drunk is after he hit me this is the conversation that we had.

Drunk driver: "You okay. Sorry I tapped you bumper."

He "tapped" me so hard that the seat I was sitting in is broken even though he hit me from behind!!

Family Truckster

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you weren't hurt! it is hard to believe that people still drink and drive. it is scary!

Carey and Norman said...

I also think the world of Adrienne, Jim, and Owen. I'm so thankful you've been able to coordinate and help in regards to this adoption. What a blessing to you to be a part of such a blessed union. A mother of a friend from high school is a delivery nurse. She said that the most blessed times for her is to help a family with a birth in which an adoption is taking place. She said that you can truly see the hand of God in the miracles he performs. What a blessing to know that you have allowed God to use you in a mighty way and help another family with their adoption plans.

So sorry to hear about the wreck. Once again, what faith to see God's plan to possible help this other driver and not feel anger towards the situation!

Much love coming your way, my friend!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Oh my gosh! Thanks be to God you are okay! I'll pray for him and for you. What a blessed spirit you have. . .

And, what a joy to hear how you have, once again, been the angel in someone's life!

Kevin T. said...

Oh Joy - That is amazing!!! Your friends Adrienne and Jim sound so wonderful and that baby will be so blessed and they will be so blessed to have that new baby. I agree that you are an angel! I am so thankful that you are ok and were not injured in that accident. I also agree that the Lord works in mysterious ways.
Take care...Teresa

Nicole Brueck said...

Thank goodness you are okay! And to say he "tapped" you, what a fool, sheesh.

What an honor it must be to be able to help facilitate another families happiness. Good for you.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

God Bless You Joy!

I am so sorry that you were hit by a drunk driver! I was in shock when you wrote that- like hand to mouth! Oh my! Hopefully, he will get the help he needs to. I am sure the state of New Jersey will expect that from him?...crazy. Praise the Lord you were not hurt any worse than you were...after all, you have a baby waiting for you!

Melissa said...

You are quite lucky that your accident wasn't more serious. Thank goodness you are ok.

It must feel great to know that you had a part in bringing a family together. I would love to some how become a part of the adoption world and do just the same thing.
Melissa

Tiger & Kar said...

THANK GOODNESS you're okay from the accident! Wow... I have chills now.

It clicked a few days ago what your surprise was. I am so thrilled for you, Adrienne, Jim, Owen, and this beautiful little girl about to join their family. Even though I had figured it out, I cried when I read this entry. Thank you, Joy for everything you did!

Rich and Jolynn said...

Wow, this is so cool! I have been reading "Our Journey of Love" and thinking how fantastic and joyful it is that they are adopting a newborn baby girl. Their Son is so precious and they make a wonderful family. God bless you Joy, you are so awesome and a great friend!

The accident however is not cool. I hope you heal from it quickly. Did the drunk driver get arrested?

What a day you had.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

The picture of you and Adrienne and Jim and Owen is great. You have the prettiest blonde hair!

I'd say that is more than a tap on your bumper. Ouch.

vaneblu said...

God Bless you for helping Jim and Adrienne (I've been following their journey).
Thanks God you are ok, that most have been scary O.o

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Hi there,

I know you know how we feel, but I will say it once again. :) First, we are so glad you were okay after such a horrible accident. I hope the man who hit you is getting the help he needs. You are such an angel, Joy, in so many ways. The way you took the accident and tried to find something good out of it and the way you brought us all together to give us the newborn baby we've longed for for so long. May God bless you with your baby very soon!!!

Can't wait to see you again soon!!
Much love,
Adrienne

Janine said...

I'm so glad you are okay. What a very scary situation to be in.

I'm so happy to know that you have helped Adrienne and Jim find their baby. What a wonderful story. Life is just full of wonderful surprises!!

sunset pines farm said...

came to your blog via Adrienne's. Your "first baby" is related to my furry baby, Dixie. Her rescue and adoption is detailed in this month's posts on my blog, I would love for you to visit and meet her.
Thanks for sharing and for your part in this baby miracle we are about to witness this weekend. We pray everything goes well for everyone involved.
p.s. I am glad you were not hurt last night in the wreck.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness!

So glad you weren't hurt.

It was eerie how similar your accident was to mine! My Escape was totaled by a driver who was high. Then she ran from the scene.

I was a bit beat up, but spent the next several days in prayer for her as I knew she must have been scared to seek medical treatment.

And my son "happened" to be sick that day and was not riding with me in the car like he normally would have - his side got completely crushed and his empty carseat was resting against the smashed in door.

So I came out of it so GRATEFUL to God for His mercy.

I found you through a friend's prayer vigil for Adrienne. Praying for you and the family who has made such a difficult and sacrificial decision.

Blessings to you!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deb said...

OMG!!! I'm so glad that you were okay and there's not too much damage to the car.

I'm so happy to hear about your part in Adrienne's family story, they are a wonderful family.