Wednesday, November 26, 2008

One Dalmation or Two??

My new neighborhood is filled with a bunch of really nice neighbors. Compared to our last neighborhood we love this one. In our last neighborhood I felt like we were watched like hawks. My neighbors would tell me all about where Gerard was that day before he even got home. So this neighborhood is less pressure for me and everyone seems helpful.

This brings us to the other day and Dottie my Dalmatian. She is follows me everywhere and I am very comfortable with her not being on a leash because she is that disciplined with her commands. There have been times when she has followed me out side and I have shut the door only to hear her bark about 10 minutes later and sitting on the doorstep. So now the mood for this story is set for you.

Here I am in my house minding my own business and all of a sudden Dottie starts going crazy. I mean really barking and that is very unusual because I instituted a no barking, no licking and no scratching rule as a puppy that she happily follows. Here I am thinking she must really need to go out side. I walk to the back door and to my surprise I find another Dalmatian staring back at me. My neighbor was so kind because she thought this was Dottie. She caught this dog and put her back in the yard. It took me about an hour to figure out what happened and where the dog belonged.

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I see Dottie has a new friend...do they get along? Maybe you'll have two four legged children to share Christmas.

Anonymous said...

how funny! do the owners live close by?

Kevin T. said...

That is so cute! Maybe it is Dottie's boyfriend you didn't know about! I am so glad you figured out where he/she belonged.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Troy and Rachel said...

That happened to us once - we put our beagle out back and two came running back at us! A neighbor had thought it was our dog and placed him inside our fence! I'm glad you could find the rightful owner - I have a stray (a fourth dog at the moment) in our yard and we are not having luck locating the owner, which stinks!

jaimejaimelynnlynn said...

That is so funny, you must have really nice neibors and maybe Dottie has made a new friend!