Monday, September 24, 2007

You Have No Idea How Long We Have Waited!

You have no idea how long we have waited! Now before you glance over this post as me being a whining baby give me a minute first. I was at a delivery the other day and this is what the father said to me. He had tears in his eyes. This man you could tell was not the crying in public type but more of the I can handle anything type.

For those of you who do not know in the world of labor and delivery and babies being born if the nursery nurse comes to the delivery it is generally not a good thing that means that there is usually someone in danger mostly the baby. So I was at the delivery of this little boy; I will spare you the gory details the child had issues I will leave it at that. The love that this father felt for this child just about knocked me out; He was tender to his wife and new son while trying to ask all the important questions that he knew were both difficult and necessary. This man was a good father from the start of his child's life. I can see many of the same qualities that this father had in Gerard plus many more.

Then I started to think about my own little bean. I am imagining that he or she is born and I pray that the birth is a joyous one not one filled with tension or issues. I feel like I am a little out of control with this feeling because if I were to get pregnant and give birth unlike many others I know the routine and the subtle things that are said when there is a problem.

I hope and pray that Little Bean's birth father is there hold the birth mother's hand and helping her through this difficult time. I hope that Little Bean's birth parents are the best parents in the world to him or her until they give little bean to me. Sometimes being the best parents in the world is acknowledging that adoption is the best alternative for a child. I do not know why I am thinking about the birth parents so much today but I am.

I usually tell parents that a baby is everything that is good and wonderful about both the Mom and the Dad. I guess once Little Bean is here I am going to have to add everything that is good about the ones that made your life possible too your birthparents. I have been praying for a long time to have a child either through birth or adoption I will add in these prayers the birth families because it is the right thing to do.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I pray every night for the birth parents and for our child that could possibly be born already. I don't think it is that absurd of an idea at all. Send me your email addy staylor602@hotmail.com and I can send you the file that has the new checklist that our CHI rep sent us.

Deb said...

I've been learning a lot about birth parents lately. It's an emotional experience for them. I pray for her safety and health during the pregnancy and birth. And that her family will be supportive.

Anita said...

Isn't it a bittersweet feeling to believe that your child is already in this world?