Sunday, September 23, 2007

Checking Things Off the List

Well, I have been very busy working on the list of things needed for the Dossier. My hope is to be done with the Dossier by the 2nd week of October. I finally feel like I have gotten a handle on the paperwork. Yesterday I sat down and made a list of things that I still need. I read in Susan's blog however that there may be some changes to what paperwork is needed so I may be closer then I think.

My Social worker told me that she would send a rough draft to my coordinator in New York of my home study first so that she could review it for the content to make sure that everything that I need is there. I have to say this is the one thing about CHI that I love the most. Honestly, she could just wait until it was all done and then tell me that it needs to be redone. By Susha reviewing the paperwork for content and form first it takes the guess work out of it.

Working the night shift is both good and bad. I am able to be home everyday but some days I feel more sluggish then others. I plan to go to bed right after Gerard goes to work tonight in the hopes of getting up early (About 10:00am). Because we both work the nightshift our schedules can be a little crazy.

Sundays are usually the hardest because we tend to keep that for the extended family. After the family leaves it is too late to go any where or to get anything done because everything closes. I guess it is a good thing.

So now I have this list to complete:
Copies of Driver's License
Passport Pictures for visas
New Birth certificates
Doctor's appointment on Tuesday
New letter from my job (the notary expires in April so the document is no good after that)
Get Blood work
Fax everything to Susha
Have all the documents notarized
Send out Dossier
This list seems pretty do able compared to the initial list.

1 comment:

Anita said...

You sound very calm and organized and like you have a plan to get everything checked off your list. Every item done is one step closer to your little one! grin