Thursday, September 13, 2007

Preparing for the Little One and Free Gifts

Well, this post is for those of you who have your children. I came across this web site last night. Apparently, pampers.com is offering free gifts for points that are collected with a purchase. I just wanted to let everyone know because I have checked it out and it seems pretty easy. You just have to join and collect point stickers from inside the packages. The points range from 1-14 points. Some of the free gifts include 200 pictures from shutterfly, Legos and blockbusters videos all free. Once you join you can put your points in on the internet. The site tracks the number of points entered and a wish list for the things that you want.

I must be a little bit of a type A personality because I am starting to nest. I know that I am very far off from getting my child but I like to be prepared. So I have been buying 3 or 4 things every payday. I keep only my Christmas decorations in the attic so I have purchased 3 Rubbermaid totes. I figure that all children would need socks, sippy cups and pampers. I have to say after talking to my CHI coordinator I am pretty sure that we will be getting a boy so I have been picking up an outfit or two. I separate them into the tubs according to sizes. I got some Levis jean shorts for $2.50 so I bought one in each size.

The funny thing is even though Gerard and I have decided to take the first referral I did tell him that we will probably have a boy. Well since that he is convinced that we will only get a boy. My friend has started to torture him by telling him that he is going to get a girl. Seeing his face when she says that makes me laugh. It is good that he takes this all in stride. Well you guessed it I torture him and he loves it.

2 comments:

Anita said...

It does seem like you love to "torture" your DH. *smile I think you should buy things and enjoy the process!

Unknown said...

Octopal@juno.com

Something that I saw while reading that I remember that I really enjoyed when I was little. I was eight when I was adopted and I was what you might think of as a challenge PTSD and hyper-vigilant. My father used to have me help him refinish furniture and my mother used to read with me all the time. Do not worry about the bonding process it will happen I have been there at least a little. The child having history is not something you have not dealt with I am sure, as a mature individual who has been through school, you know how to relate and build rapport. It is something you use everyday and would most likely be very natural in the attempted use.

You most likely have the ability to generate rapport quickly, read non-verbals very well a skill as you are well aware is required for understanding babies and adults. Not to say this truly matters but if the pictures that I saw were you, you are attractive with the entire facial symmetry, waist hip ratio, and facial proportion. Gosh, I smell like a math geek, but you do fit so it is not like you are going to scare said child.

If you are truly worried about bonding there are lots of psychological "tricks" that can ease the transition.

Shall continue to read and hope to hear good things.