Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Who's the Mommy?



Well since I have made the decision to turn this blog into a book there are a few things I should include. Unfortunately, for my readers these things may seem to be a little boring for you. I have decided to write a little bit about each family member. I think this is the part of those baby books that is almost never filled out but is very important. I know with my sisters this part was only filled out in 2 of 7 books and not for both sides of the family. So here goes.

Who's the Mommy? I think it is difficult for most people to highlight their strengths as an adult at least for me it is that way. Writing the autobiography was the most difficult part of the home study. Currently I am a Registered Nurse who works in a newborn nursery. I love my job. I work at night mostly because that was the shift that was available when I needed a change from adult nursing. I went to many different schools as a young child because my family moved around a lot. I once counted that we had moved over 26 times before I was 18 years old.

I think because of all of those moves I missed out on having a best friend that would be there for a life time like so many other woman have. In place of best friends I have my sisters; most of the time we all get along very well and do lots of things together.






Long Beach Island Grade School




Southern Regional Middle School



Southern Regional High School

The first school that I can remember the name of is the LBI School on Long Beach Island. I went there from 4th to 6th grade. We lived in Loveladies, NJ. Then it was off to Southern Regional middle school for 7th through 9th grade. We had move to the mainland or Manahawkin. I finished my high school education at Southern Regional High School. Wow, these last 2 schools have grown. After that I started my college career at Felician College and transferred to Ocean County College where I graduated with an Associated Degree in Nursing Science at the age of 20. So there you have it I was a Registered Nurse at 20.

The one funny thing about being a nurse so young was that I was in charge of people's lives could give very potent medications but could not go to a bar go figure. I looked very young at 20 as most 20 year olds did so it was harder for me to convince my patients that I was the nurse. But after talking to me for a couple of minutes they usually figured it out.

I have started back to school in 2004 for my Baccalaureate degree in Nursing Science at the University of Phoenix. I started this because I want to be able to spend as much time with my child as possible. I am hoping to finish this degree before he or she comes home. This will let me sit for the certification as a school nurse. Weekends off, summers off and Christmas off all things that I do not want to miss once the baby is here. The only reason why I would leave acute care nursing is to raise my child.

I love to quilt, ‘read’ books my own special way in the car while driving (more on that later I promise it is very safe, do not worry), decorate my home, watch the birds and go to the beach even though I burn easily. My favorite thing to talk about now is when my baby comes home. I will write more about me later on days when I have no adoption news to post. I figured that is a good time to put the information into the blog. Bye for now.

5 comments:

vicki said...

joy , what a neat idea to write a book from your blog. i might try it myself, am keeping your family in my prayers for a baby very soon thanks for adding me to your blog i also added you to mine if thats alright. take care and have a great week

Joy said...

Vicki,
Thank you. Please read away.
Joy

Becky and Keith said...

Joy - What a great idea1 Thanks for sharing!

Troy and Rachel said...

It's so nice to get to know you!! Write away!!

Anita said...

You have got to be proud of all of your accomplishments, despite moving so many times as a kid!