Monday, September 17, 2007

Part #2 of the Home Study is DONE!

Our Home



Well I have just completed the home visit for my home study. I do not know why I worried about this part so much. I know that I have a nice home and I try to keep it clean. The funny thing that happened last week was my usually neat and orderly home was trashed. There was stuff everywhere. Now I know you are all asking who trashed your house. It was me. I think I was so nervous about having someone come to my home that I did not put a thing away. The shear amount of stuff in my kitchen was overwhelming.

Kitchen



So I planned to clean and pick everything up this weekend.
Well that did not happen. I ended up picking up everything last night after Gerard left for work. I have inserted some pictures of what the house looked like right before the Social worker came to visit. Our house is not a McMansion but I love anyway. The other house was way too big for us.

Living Room



Little Bean's Room (That is our Nickname for the Baby)



My Social Worker and I spoke about my concerns about CHI not being accredited for Russia as of yet. Her opinion of the matter was that Russia has just not gotten to CHI’s application. She has worked with CHI quite a bit and is very confident that they will be one of the next agencies that are accredited.

CHI was not able to do my home study because they do not have an office in New Jersey. My coordinator referred me to A Loving Choice Adoption Associates. I have to say if anyone in New Jersey needs an agency to do their home study I highly recommend this agency. I felt very comfortable talking with them about the things that I need to complete and steps that I will take along the way. There is a link to their web page on the side of my blog.

Gerard is some how convinced that this adoption will not take much time at all but I am a little more realistic. He keeps saying that it will all happen at once. He swears that it is because I count how many additional PTO hours I am getting in each paycheck. I plan to go back to work on a reduced work week of 2-12 hour shifts and use a PTO day to make up the pay.
I am off to make fish tacos for dinner. Don't knock them until you try them. Then I am off to work. What a beautiful day today was.

3 comments:

Anita said...

Your home is beautiful! I think we have the same undercabinet mounted cd player. :) Little Beans room is currently your guest room? Do you plan to just add a crib? Good to hear it wasn't as stressful as your originally thought!

Susan said...

Your home looks very nice and it looks like the kind of home that you feel comfortable in the moment you walk in. All it needs now is the pitter patter of little feet!! Congratulations on finishing up your home study. We just completed our packet today and will mail ours out tomorrow.

Becky and Keith said...

Congrats on getting through your home visit. Being nervous is very natural - I was scared to death! Your house looks so comfortable and I agree with Susan - it's just missing little footsteps! :-) Hopefully Gerard is right and it will happen very quickly.