Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Little bit about Little Bean's Home

My first house was a funny experience. I was only a nurse for about 2 weeks when I decided to buy a house. Gerard and I looked around at many different places and decided on a beautiful townhouse. Once again 20 years old, RN, a homeowner and could not buy the champagne. This house was perfect and I ended up living there with Jackie and Jenny 2 of my sisters for about 9 years. Towards the end both of them moved out and Julie (one of my other sisters) and her children moved in with me. That is when I really decided that I wanted to be a mother. So I sold the townhouse and built a huge 2 story colonial house with a full basement. This house was about 3 times bigger then the townhouse and although I picked out everything it never seemed like a home to me. Luckily for me house prices went up and I sold the house to buy a small ranch.

This house was nicknamed the stinky house. We left the windows open for months. The people who had it before us were drug dealers and the house although it was only 4 years old needed everything to be redone. Everybody that came into the house could not understand what I loved about this house. The inside of the house was painted shades of chocolate, lemon yellow, barn red, hunter green and tan but the paint was everywhere. The people before us had cats (10 of them) a dog, a bird and a fish. It was like the Cat and the Hat lived here. The house smelled badly. They all thought that we had made a big mistake. This house is about 1400 square feet less then half the size of the other house but I love it. Any bigger and I would not be able to clean it. We have a nice yard on a quite street that is close to the Parkway. For those of you who do not live in New Jersey that is how you describe where you live close to the Parkway or far from the Parkway. My commute to work has dropped by about 10 minutes because of the move. Gerard’s commute has improved as well because of the move.

I think I am just more comfortable in a smaller house. Plus now it smells much better.
The little bean's room is very close to our room. It seems to be the perfect size for a child. More about the little bean’s room in another post. The house has 3 bedroom a large living room and dining room. We added a hot tub and large deck for parties.

Another reason why we moved was to be able to afford the adoption. Becoming a mother is my goal. I could live in a huge house drive the best cars and vacation 4 times a years but that is not what will make me happy. I want to share my life with a child.

1 comment:

Anita said...

I think your house is beautiful! Ever heard that song "Love Grows Best in Little Houses"? We have a small home too, about 1500 sq ft, and I've been stressing a bit lately on how to maximize space to make room for a kid. My MIL says our house is sparsely decorated, but I cannot stand too much clutter, and wonder how it will be with all the stages of a little one. We can all manage with less and life is so much more peaceful with all "the stuff."