Saturday, December 1, 2012

A busy day

This morning we will be heading to Anthony's birthday party. In case you have forgotten these two got married last year in preschool. They both still love each other to the point where the teacher is making them play with others in the class. I really do not think it is a big deal. Anthony is a cute little guy, full of energy. Anna went to sleep last night knowing that tomorrow was the party. Rather than trying her best to stay up she told me she has to sleep because of the party.

My hope had been to spend the rest of the day decorating but alas Gerard is working extra again. Since the hurricane he has pretty much worked every day and night. He may not know it now but he is not working tomorrow.

Yesterday I was cleaning out our closet, Anna was trying on my clothes which was very cute. She said the sweetest thing to me. "Mommy I like being you." What I did not realize is that she was also playing in my jewelry box. Yikes! I realized that my engagement ring was missing and another diamond band that I usually wear was also missing. My first thought was "Why did I not lock them up?" If they are lost it is totally my fault. Yes, Anna should not have been in my jewelry box but she is 5 and I am not. I will not lie a drop of panic set in, did she put the rings in one of the bags I had already taken to donate?

I searched and searched, when I found my engagement ring a wave of relief came over me. I am still looking for my diamond band but I have come to the conclusion that if it is lost it is lost. I had plans on having the diamonds reset in both rings but I guess I have to scratch that plan for now.

This was the year that I was going to have planned ahead and made an advent calendar for Anna. Due to Gerard's work schedule I have had very little free time. What free time I have had I needed to dedicate to school work. I still am planning on making one hopefully today or tomorrow. I do not like how this season is already feeling rushed to me.

So that is life in our little world today.

1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Joy-Run over to TArget. . .they have a lego Advent Calendar. . .I got one for Aidan and he gets to start it tonight. : ) Yes, I do have the other calendar, too. But, the lego one might work for you in a pinch! Kind of like a 3D puzzle for Anna in small parts each day. Have agreat day! And boy do I know about the overtime storm work. . .God Bless!