Saturday, December 15, 2012

Disbelief

So I turned the TV on this morning (Anna is still sleeping) so that I can watch the news from Connecticut. I have friends that live in Connecticut so when I first saw this on Facebook I felt sick. When I saw where the shooting was I knew at least one friend lived close to the location. My other friend is a teacher in there. I will not lie I check Facebook throughout the day. When the one friend posted that they were okay I was so relieved and nervous all at the same because the other had not posted.

As I rechecked Facebook I saw that she had commented on our mutual friend's post. I did not realize until then just how worried I was about her and her little guy. Melissa I was never so glad to see you on Facebook. I can not imagine how those who are personally affected are feeling. I pray that these families are able to find some closure.

It has been a difficult week for me. My tears have flowed over the past week because of the decisions that I need to make. Tuesday, I see the Oncologist. I will need to make the decision as to where or not to start chemotherapy as a preventative measure for breast cancer. I am still very undecided as to where I will decide to start this medication. This morning I have realized that I need to live each day that I am given because each day is a gift. I guess I am just a slow learner or one that forgets easily.

Hug your babies, Hug your wife or husband. Accept the challenges that you are given.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for caring Joy. It was amazing to see just how many of my friends cared and thought of Colby and me yesterday. It was a terrible day. I was teaching Kindergarten students myself when I heard the news. I wanted to stop and cry but I knew I couldn't. I needed to show those kids everything was ok. We did not tell our students yesterday. I am not sure what to say to Colby. I'm not sure what to think myself. As a teacher, I now worry about our safety, as a mom I worry about my little boy and how it might affect him, as a person I am truly angry. Just awful!
But knowing that I have such amazing friends as you an Laura (who worried and texted me all the way from Calif) helps me to see that there is love and kindness and greatness in this world. Thank you!
Melissa

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Hugs to you. Prayers an hugs. Words cannot convey all I am feeling right now.

Janet said...

Praying for You! Janet