Friday, December 21, 2012

A visit with Santa Claus Part 3

Tuesday was my appointment with the Oncologist about preventative cancer treatment. We discussed my relative risk of developing breast cancer based on my history. At this time I have decided not to start the preventative chemotherapy mostly because the research does not improve the survival rate. The preventative chemotherapy reduces the occurrence rate which is different. The plan is to be monitored every 6 months in the hopes of detecting breast cancer in the early most treatable stages.

So on Tuesday Me-Me needed to pick up Anna from school because I would not be able to make it back to town in time. She texted me to tell me that she got Anna and that her and Hans were playing well together. About an hour later I got this picture...



Anna lost another tooth. Once again I missed it but this time we have the tooth! I guess someone will be looking for two front teeth for Christmas. I picked Anna up, headed home to put her Christmas dress on, and pick up Daddy for the trip to see Santa Claus. She was really quite excited. She told us that she had been making a list of who was naughty and nice. Which makes me laugh because is really is quite bossy (a bit like me I suppose).

As we were driving she asked Gerard to find the Baby Jesus' star. They found it and once again we talked about how Christmas was a celebration of the birth of Jesus. It makes me so happy to know that she is listening and knows the real reason for why we celebrate on Christmas. I will not lie I do also love the magic of the season.

 
They were waiting for our turn and watching the Big guy in  the Red suit.

 
Of course I bought the professional picture as well
 
 
I LOVE this picture!
 
 
She told Santa that she was on the Nice list but he already knew that. She told him that she wanted a rocking horse for christmas. She was so excited that she forgot to ask for anything else. We ate some pretzels and headed home. This was the perfect ending to the day.
 

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Just a thought, if you are considering chemo as a preventative measure what about having a double masectomy with reconstructive surgery? I have a life long friend who died from breast cancer and her mother has breast cancer. The two other sisters have done this to put their minds at ease. Yes, it was painful but, they are so thrilled to have done and feel much better about the situation.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Anna looks beautiful! Love her smile. . .Aidan is, of course, jealous that she has lost teeth though! : )

Melissa said...

I love the photo. That dress is beautiful. And I love the missing teeth. Colby's came out and grew back in really quickly on the bottom. The tops are loose already! Just waiting. Have a wonderful and Merry Christmas.
Oh, and I love the card. Thank you. Everyone, even Gerard looks great!
Melissa