Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Activities Part 2

Those of you who know me in person know my love of Pinterest. Me-Me posed this question to me..."Have we always done this many projects or is Pinterest making us do them?" This is a funny and good question. The answer is I have always done this many projects. Sitting still or watching TV has never been a pass time for me. Prior to Anna I had a sewing room. I would spend as much as 2 hours a day sewing. I would sew everyday. For me creating is a good thing. It lowers my stress level and gives me pleasure. I want Anna to enjoy creating too.

She is actually a very creative child. I have remarked before that I love to listen to her play and that is because she has such a large imagination. Usually this is how I learn about what has happened at school.

As a child Christmas was more about Santa and less about Christ. Now both of my parents believe in Christ but I think it was just how it was at that time. I knew have liked the comments by others of be good or Santa will not bring you a toy so we do not talk like that here. If I here others tell Anna that I stop the conversation. I want her to be good year round because it is the right thing to do not because it is close to Christmas.

Back to Pinterest and our fancy projects. When Pinterest first came out one of my very first pins was of baby Jesus. Here is that pin Basically you use the child's foot print to make the manger for Baby Jesus. Anna LOVES animals and I am a terrible artist so we decided on just adding a few animals to out picture too. I used Anna's hand to make the odd looking camel. We decided on these animals because the camel brought the Wise men, the donkey brought Mary and the sheep to keep him warm.

Anna informed me that this is the last time I can use her foot. I half giggled and was half sad. I just love her little feet. She told me the paint feels gross. After she saw the completed project she changed her mind and told me that I can still use her foot. Her favorite part was painting the North Star. We talked about the birth of Christ and that this is the reason why we celebrate Christmas. I think she really gets it but you will have to wait until part 3 to hear why. Here is the picture of our project.

 
 
The Scripture that I decided on was the same as the example Luke 2:12
 
 
Let this be a sign to you: in a manger you will find an infant wrapped in swaddling clothes.
 


1 comment:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

LOVE!!! This is such a great idea. . .Merry Christmas Joy!