Monday, December 10, 2012

The Nativity is up

I remember thinking a while back that I love outdoor lights for the Christmas season. The ones that I love the best always had a nativity in the set up. So a number of years ago I was searching through Christmas decorations at Wal-Mart (this was before I realized that I had way too many decorations) and I found a light up big plastic nativity. Here is the funny, I think the blow up decorations are really cool and pretty but I am a little old school when it comes to Christmas. I love the old movies about Christmas and the older songs too.

The big plastic decorations were something as a child that we never had. So when I saw them I grabbed them. Every year since then I have put them out front. When Anna came along I did not realize just how much she would enjoy them too. Each year she gets more excited then the previous year when it is time to put them out. Occasionally, she will stand at the attic door and ask for her baby Jesus throughout the year. I love how she loves doing this with us.

So about a week ago we took them down and had them in the garage . I was waiting for a night when we would all be home to put them out. Gerard picked up Anna from Hans' house on a night I was getting ready for work. She came running in to tell me "Daddy said it is baby Jesus time." I frowned at him and he realized his error. It was 10 minutes before I had to walk out the door.

I threw on my uniform, grabbed my camera and still got to watch the excitement in her face as she dragged the big plastic figures out of the garage to be set up. I was able to snap a few pictures and still make it to work on time. I did make Anna promise that she will still want to do this when she is 16, including sit on the cow. She promised so I feel better about her getting a little bit bigger.


 
Once everyone was in there proper places she told us that they were cold and needed to be covered up. So with the help of a few rags from the garage baby Jesus, the cow, Mary and Joseph were warm.

 
She is quite the climber.
 
 
Christmas 2009

 
Christmas 2010
 
 
Christmas 2011

 
Christmas 2011

No comments: